Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST.
Call us at 1-800-833-9200
Available 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST) Business Days
AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator
The AFG31000 series with InstaView™ technology is the first high-performance AFG with built-in waveform generation applications, patented real-time wave monitoring, and a modern user interface.
For a 20Vpp output function generator, see the AFG3011C.
Watch InstaView™ in action.
Verify your waveform at the DUT
Patented InstaView™ technology enables you to view the real waveform at the device under test (DUT) directly on the AFG without the need for an oscilloscope, probes, or additional equipment, saving test time and eliminating the risk of unmatched impedance in your test results.
Double pulse test in under a minute
The AFG31000 is the first function generator on the market that includes built-in double pulse test software. Now you can generate two waveforms with varying pulse widths (from 20 ns to 150 µs) in under a minute directly on the touchscreen display. No need for an external PC application or manual programming.
Measure switching parameters and evaluate the dynamic behaviors of MOSFET and IGBT power devices.
Watch how to set up and perform a double pulse test
Program a simple waveform sequence in 3 easy steps. Watch how.
High-fidelity signals with advanced mode
Generate long, precise waveforms in continuous mode with lengths up to 16 Mpts per channel right out-of-the-box. Variable sampling clock technology guarantees you will never lose any waveform data. Available upgrades let you take your testing to the next level and build and program complex waveforms at one-tenth the cost of a traditional AWG.
With optional upgrades you get:
- Memory extension to 128 Mpts per channel (option MEM)
- Sequence/triggered/gated modes (option SEQ) with up to 25 entries and controls for: branching, repeat, wait, jump, go-to, external trigger in, manual trigger, timed trigger, and SCPI command, for building long waveforms with complex and flexible timing.
Simplified ARB waveform creation
The built-in arb editing tool, ArbBuilder, includes all operations to create, edit and transfer an ARB waveform, eliminating the need to connect or transfer files to a PC. The amplitude and offset data is stored in the waveform, removing the need to adjust the settings after loading a normalized arb.
Watch how easily you can create any waveform using ArbBuilder™.
"The advanced features on this AFG could cut my typical setup and test cycle nearly in half"
- John Moore, Engineering Manager, TZ Medical
Smart user interface
Learn faster and work quicker with the largest AFG touchscreen on the market. The 9-inch screen works just like a smart device so you can pinch, zoom and scroll to easily locate settings and parameters on the simplified menu and find shortcuts to frequently used settings.
Watch how to sync two AFG31000 units.
Need more than two channels?
If you need more than two channels of waveforms to stimulate your device under test (DUT), multi-sync enables you to quickly sync up two or more units. The onscreen wizard will lead you through the process of cable connections and settings in less than three minutes.
Strength in numbers
- 1 or 2 channel models
- Output amplitude range 1 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p into 50Ω loads
- Basic (AFG) mode
- 25 MHz, 50 MHz, 100 MHz, 150 MHz or 250 MHz sine waveforms
- 250 MSa/s, 500 MSa/s, 1 GSa/s or 2GSa/s sample rate
- 14-bit vertical resolution
- Continuous, modulation, sweeping and burst run modes
- 128 kpts arbitrary waveform memory in each channel
- Advanced mode
- Continuous mode and optional sequence, triggered and gated modes
- 16 Mpts arbitrary waveform memory in each channel (128 Mpts optional)
- Up to 256 steps in sequence mode with loop, jump and wait events
- Variable sample clock 1 µSa/s to 2 GSa/s
- Minimum waveform length 168pts with granularity of 1 point
Jitter from an AFG31000 (upper waveform) vs previous generation AFG (lower waveform)
Reduce noise and jitter by 10x
With a lower noise floor and output amplitude down to 1mVpp – the noise and jitter specs are 10x better than last generation technology ensuring clarity and fidelity for your test.
The software-based architecture means you can upgrade your AFG31000 directly from our website, with new options to keep evolving with your needs.
- Bandwidth upgrade
- Memory size upgrade
- Waveform sequencing upgrade
Analog circuit characterization
This is an analog world. All physical quantities are captured and presented as an analog signal. Thus, performance of analog circuits like amplifiers, filters and convertors need to be characterized.
- InstaView™ technology eliminates the uncertainty of the waveform added at a DUT with unmatched impedance
- Frequency range from 25 MHz up to 250 MHz
- High signal fidelity eliminates the need for an external filter or attenuator
- Frequency response tests are effortless due to frequency agility and well-calibrated sine wave flatness
Real-world signal replication
Sensors are widely used in almost every modern electronic design, from automotive, to medical devices, to consumer electronics. Capturing a waveform then replicating it for troubleshooting or validation with an AFG has been a challenging process until now.
- ArbBuilder imports waveforms in csv format saved by the wide portfolio of Tektronix oscilloscopes
- Up-to 128 Mpts arbitrary memory greatly extends the length of a signal
- Low noise floor gives the cleanest signal
Function verification and performance characterization
An intensive number of test cases must be done by test engineers before a product goes to a market to ensure it meets the specifications. But this process is time consuming and repetitive.
- Full programability for automated testing and intuitive user interface for manual test
- Waveform sequencing enables you to serialize all test cases in a single sequence
- Flexible branching methods allows high efficiency
- Up to 128 Mpts of arbitrary memory and built-in non-volatile flash memory store all of your waveforms and test cases
System synchronization with clock or pulses
All parts of a circuit in a digital design work synchronously at the pace of a clock. All devices in a big system must be coordinated with triggered signals to ensure they work properly and reliably. The AFG31000 is a cost-effective way to generate the clocks and triggering pulses.
- Pulse/square frequency range up to 160 MHz
- Frequency agility seamlessly switches from one clock rate to another
- Easy-to-use wizard guides you through the process of synchronizing multiple units to extend the number of channels
- Low jitter level gives you more confidence in triggering your system
Double pulse test
Double pulse test is a method for measuring the switching parameters and evaluating the dynamic behaviors of MOSFET and IGBT power devices. Double pulse testing measures turn-on parameters, turn-off parameters, and reverse recovery parameters.
The test is performed to:
- Guarantee specification of power device datasheet like MOSFETs and IGBTs
- Confirm actual value or deviation of the power devices or power modules
- Measure these switching parameters under various load conditions and validate performance across many devices
Advanced research and education
Researchers and educators need a wide variety of signals to get their research and teaching job done. Tests could be as simple as a series of pulses to simulate the output of a Geiger-Muller counter or as complicated as a long modulated baseband IQ.
- InstaView™ technology eliminates the uncertainty of the waveform added at your complex load
- Versatility of features and functions integrated
- Dual operation modes balance ease-of-use and flexibility to generate the most complex waveforms
- Built-in ArbBuilder enables you to generate and edit arbitrary waveforms directly on the screen
|AUP-AFG3BW150T250-1||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 150MHz to 250MHz on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW150T250-2||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 150MHz to 250MHz on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW25T100-1||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 25MHz to 100MHz on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW25T100-2||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 25MHz to 100MHz on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW25T50-1||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 25MHz to 50MHz on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW25T50-2||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 25MHz to 50MHz on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW50T100-1||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 50MHz to 100MHz on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3BW50T100-2||License (Upgrade option); Bandwidth extension from 50MHz to 100MHz on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
Add More Memory
|AUP-AFG3MEM-1||License (Upgrade option); Extends arb memory to 128Mpts on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3MEM-2||License (Upgrade option); Extends arb memory to 128Mpts on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
Enable Waveform Sequencing
|AUP-AFG3SEQ-1||License (Upgrade option); Enables Sequence mode on a single channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
|AUP-AFG3SEQ-2||License (Upgrade option); Enables Sequence mode on a dual channel model; Node locked||Request a quote|
Request Trial License
|AUP-AFG3TRIAL||License (30-day trial); Bundle of SEQ, MEM, max BW; Node locked||Request trial license|