Enhance Precision and Reliability with Tektronix Calibration Services
As a dedicated Lab Manager or Maintenance Coordinator, you understand the critical importance of maintaining impeccable precision and reliability in your engineering and production operations. At Tektronix, we share your commitment to excellence, and our calibration services are specifically designed to empower you with the tools you need to achieve unparalleled levels of accuracy and efficiency.
With Tektronix Calibration Services, you gain much more than just calibrations. Our dedicated team is not just here to perform calibrations but to become an extension of your team, working hand in hand to achieve your operational objectives. You gain a trusted partner, that is invested in your success and is committed to providing ongoing support to keep your operations running at their best.
Discover the Unbeatable Offering of Tektronix Calibration Services
With Tektronix Calibration Services, you gain much more than just calibrations. You obtain a competitive edge, an unwavering commitment to accuracy, and the confidence to deliver results that surpass expectations.
Multi-Brand OEM Compliant Calibration
We understand that your equipment lineup might consist of various brands. No matter the brand, we guarantee consistent accuracy and adherence to manufacturer specifications, ensuring your instruments perform at their peak all with a one stop convenience for your calibration needs.
- OEM Specification Compliance: With Tektronix, you can trust that your instruments are calibrated following the exact calibration points and procedures published or recommended by the instrument OEM.
- Broad Range of Instrument Brands: From industry leaders to niche manufacturers, we have the knowledge and experience to calibrate a wide array instruments from various OEMs, making us the go-to calibration partner for your diverse equipment lineup.
Tektronix & Keithley Factory Verified Calibration
As leaders in the test and measurement industry, Tektronix & Keithley set the benchmark for accuracy and reliability. With our Calibration Services, you gain access to factory-grade calibration for your Tektronix and Keithley instruments. Benefit from the expertise of the very companies that have pioneered precision in measurements for more than 75 years.
Discover the Unbeatable Advantages of Tektronix & Keithley Factory Verified Calibration Services.
- Comprehensive Maintenance Checks: Our Factory Verified Calibration goes beyond standard calibrations, incorporating additional preventative maintenance checks across the full range of instrument operation. Keeping your equipment in top shape, optimizing performance throughout the duration of the plan.
- Firmware and Software Upgrades: Stay ahead of the curve with regular firmware and software updates for your instruments. Experience the latest features and enhancements, ensuring your equipment operates at its full potential.
Field Services Managed Calibration
As a valued field service manager, we understand the challenges you face in managing geographically dispersed field service teams efficiently. Ensuring minimal downtime, maximizing productivity, and optimizing costs are essential factors in achieving peak performance for your field service operations.
Tektronix Field Service Managed Calibration empowers you with a solution to:
- Minimize Downtime: You can bid farewell to delays caused by equipment calibration and repairs. We handle all aspects of calibration, repair, replacement, and disposal of field service tools, supplies, accessories, and consumables, delivering compliant field service tools right when your team needs them.
- Increase Productivity: By entrusting the management of your field service tools to our experts, you can focus on what you do best—providing exceptional field service. You can rely on us to handle all calibration and maintenance tasks, allowing your teams to stay focused on serving your customers efficiently.
High-Quality and Accurate Calibration Service
We take great pride in our team of highly skilled Calibration Technicians and Customer Service Engineers who possess an unmatched expertise in servicing a wide range of test and measurement equipment.
You can be confident that every instrument undergoes meticulous calibration procedures, that follows a rigorous certification and accreditation evaluation by independent accrediting bodies, ensuring precision, accuracy, and reliability time after time.
With Tektronix, you can rest assured that your valuable assets will be in the hands of professionals who prioritize precision, accuracy, and reliability.
Tailored Solutions for Your Specific Needs
No two engineering and production operations are the same, and we understand that. That's why our approach is not one-size-fits-all. Our dedicated team of Calibration Technicians, Material Handers, and Customer Service Engineers partners closely with you to understand your unique requirements, challenges, and goals. We then develop customized service solutions that align perfectly with your needs, allowing you to focus on innovation and production efficiency.
Trusted Partnership Approach
At Tektronix, we don't just see ourselves as service providers; we see ourselves as your partners in success. Our commitment to building long-term relationships means that you can rely on us not only for superior service but also for ongoing support and collaboration. Together, we can overcome challenges and achieve your operational objectives.
Global Calibration Service Locations
Time is of the essence, and we recognize the importance of having access to fast and convenient service. With our strategically located service centers, you can benefit from prompt support whenever and wherever you need it.
Calibration White Papers and Case Studies
Reducing Risk and Improving Profitability for Medical Device Manufacturers
Uncover the differences between a traditional CMMS and web-based calibration program management, and find out how you can take your calibration program to the next level.
Maximizing the Efficiencies of Your Internal Calibration Lab with Tektronix
Discover how your internal calibration lab can improve its turnaround time and capabilities while minimizing ongoing capital costs.
Lean Calibration Process Case Study
Discover how Tektronix's quality calibrations have helped a large aerospace company improve efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain exceptional on-time calibrations for their sophisticated test and measurement equipment, ensuring a smooth production flow and continuous improvement.
Turnaround Time Savings Case Study
Uncover how Tektronix's calibration services helped a large semiconductor company achieve an impressive 82% reduction in calibration turnaround time, boosting productivity and equipment availability.
On-Demand Calibration Webinar
Quality calibration is the key to confidence in your measurements. Our calibration experts, Jack Wojewski and Guy Robinson, will discuss several factors to consider to ensure the quality of the service you are getting. We'll answer the following questions:
- Why is calibration important?
- What is a quality calibration?
- What should you look for in a calibration provider?
- What should you include in a request for calibration?
- How do you read scope of accreditation documents?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is calibration?
Calibration is the comparison of a measurement device (an unknown) against an equal or better standard. Calibration is all about confidence in the measurement results you're getting and assures you that your measurements are accurate within the specification limits that led you to select the instrument in the first place.
A "typical" commercial calibration references a manufacturer's calibration procedure and is performed with a reference standard at least four times more accurate than the instrument under test. The risks of not calibrating include false passes or false failures in production resulting in costly reworks or discarding products. Traceable calibrations also ensure adherence to the international standards that our commerce relies on.
Even though today's digital instruments are inherently are more stable than their analog predecessors, their tolerances are much narrower than in the past. And even the latest digitizing instruments have analog circuitry—preamplifiers, buffers, etc.—whose performance can change over time. A regular schedule of calibrations will keep your instruments in optimal condition to support your design, troubleshooting, and manufacturing work.
Why should I calibrate my instrument?
Calibration ensures measurement accuracy. Routine calibrations are your prescription for the continued health and performance of your instrument. There are also costs and risks associated with not calibrating equipment regularly.
Calibration should be part of your engineering process. It validates your measurements over a period of time and reduces the risk of rework, recalls, returns and repairs. With proper calibration you can be more efficient with your time to market and reduce your total cost of test. In the engineering lab, inaccurate measurements can distort your findings about the behavior of an emerging design. You don't want to go through unnecessary design rework because your instrument was inaccurate during design validation.
There also may be regulatory requirements stipulating a regular calibration schedule. Penalties for non-compliance from an audit may be fines, loss of business, plant shut down or worse.
Some of our equipment is difficult to move. How do we get it calibrated?
Sometimes sending in an instrument to get calibrated isn't an option. From onsite service to local service centers, there are different delivery options available to meet your needs.
Local service centers – Local service centers offer free pick-up and delivery within the locality of the center, and a broad scope of accreditation which helps minimize third-party costs.Tektronix has 27 North American and 18 International locations. Find a service center nearest you.
Periodic onsite service – With this option, customers can plan ahead and avoid having to take equipment out of service to minimize impact on your design and production schedules. This is also the best option to calibrate sensitive or large equipment that can’t be moved.
“Virtual onsite service” – With the concerns surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve also introduced a new “virtual onsite” service where we dedicate the resources and standards that would have been used for onsite service but perform the service in our service center. Virtual onsites, combined with pickup and delivery service, allow for appropriate social distancing where required and offers the same fast turnaround times you would experience with a normal onsite service event.
What is a calibration certificate?
A calibration certificate is an essential and official document that serves as a record for the calibration of instruments, offering a critical aspect of traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The integrity and accuracy of this certificate are indicative of the credibility and validity of the organization conducting the calibration. A Calibration Certificate accompanies the instrument when it's returned to its owner, documenting crucial information about the instrument's condition, including out-of-tolerance conditions and special measurement circumstances.
Calibration certificates may vary in format due to geographical and regulatory differences, but they typically include details such as calibration dates, environmental conditions, in-tolerance or out-of-tolerance conditions, traceability statements, and information about the calibration procedure and intervals. Understanding and preserving this certificate is vital for assessing measurement accuracy and mitigating risk associated with uncertainties in measurements.
What is your calibration interval?
Determining the right calibration interval for your test and measurement equipment depends on many factors with no “one size fits all” approach available.
Learn what factors can influence your test equipment’s measurement accuracy and what to consider when determining your calibration interval.
What is metrology?
Metrology ensures that your calibrated instruments deliver accurate results with provable validity. The mission of metrology is to maintain measurement standards, to develop effective new methods, and to ensure that measurements are accepted uniformly around the world.
Why calibrate? Your instruments need to be calibrated against known standards so their results can be trusted to have a universally accepted meaning. Metrology is the science that supports this trust—in both the "meaning" and the measurements:
- Metrology defines calibration and ensures predictable performance from your measurement tools.
- Metrology is the discipline that defines standards and codifies accreditation and traceability.
- Metrology expertise is at the heart of Tektronix' reputation for accuracy, precision, and performance.
At Tektronix, metrology professionals guide calibration policies and procedures at accredited calibration facilities around the world. When you choose Tektronix as your service provider, you get the benefit of an experienced metrology staff plus seasoned technicians applying deep product-specific knowledge.
The result? Services guaranteed to be of the highest quality in the industry.
What is the difference between calibration and validation?
Calibration is the comparison of a measurement device (an unknown) against an equal or better standard, and validation involves documenting that a system or process provides an expected and consistent outcome.
Demystify the calibration process with a better understanding of these key terms.
Helpful Calibration Links
- Asia-Pacific Metrology Program (APMP)
- Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (BIPM)
- Euro-Asian Cooperation of National Metrological Institutes (COOMET)
- European Collaboration on Measurement Standards (EUROMET)
- European Co-operation for Accreditation
- European Cooperation in Legal Metrology (WELMEC)
- Inter-American Metrology System (SIM)
- International Earth Rotation Service
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- International Journal of Metrology and Quality Engineering
- International Lab Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
- International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML)
- International Society for Weighing Measure
- International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE)
- International Standards Organization
- NCSL International (National Conference of Standards Laboratories)
- Pacific Accreditation Cooperation
- South African Development Community Cooperation in Measurement Traceability
Calibration Basics and Best Practices
An overview of everything you need to know to run an efficient calibration program.
Visit our Learn Center for the latest webinars, whitepapers, tutorial videos, and advice articles.