How can I get a bitmap file from the WFM7120+ without using the Ethernet connection?
Use the WFM7000 series with the CaptureVu to capture and save files in the .cap format. There is a utility available as a free download from our website that will convert captured buffer files into either a comma-separated value (.csv) file for importing into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or into a Tektronix picture file (.pic) which can be loaded into a TG700 video generator and used as a test pattern. Alternatively, using the TG700 software tools which are also available as a free download from our website, this .pic file can be converted into a standard bitmap image (.bmp) which can be read by most image software and converted into JPEG, GIF, PNG etc using most image software.
You can download the free WFM7100 capture buffer conversion utility here:
You can download the free TG700 utilities here:
To convert a captured frame buffer to a bitmap file, please follow these instructions:
1) Download the WFM7100 capture buffer conversion utility from the link above.
2) Download the TG700 tools from the link above.
3) Install the TG700 Frame Generator software from the downloaded package.
4) Run the WFM7100 conversion utility to convert the .cap file into a .pic file.
5) Run the TG700 FrameGen software and chose "Build Pic Bmp" from the "Build" menu.
7) After selecting the .pic file and pressing enter, you should now have a bitmap image of the captured WFM7100 buffer file.
This FAQ Applies to:
No product series
FAQ ID 60636View all FAQs »