Keithley Series 2281S Battery Simulator and Precision DC Bench Power Supply
The 2281S-20-6 Dynamic Battery Simulator and Precision DC Bench Power Supply with TFT LCD display uses a model to emulate the response of a battery over its discharge cycle. Since the model can be based on the average current of the product that the battery will power, you can estimate battery life and analyze product performance over the life of the battery. It comes with 5 built-in battery models ready to be used. See all DC power supplies »
Estimate the battery life of your product
Power your product with the 2281S-20-6 using a model to determine how long the product operates.
- 101-point model contains open circuit voltage and internal resistance as a function of state of charge
- Create a model based on the average current that the product draws
- It comes with 5 built-in battery models ready to be used
Quick, repeatable testing under any state of battery discharge
Program the battery simulator for any state of charge, such as near the completely discharged state, to determine how a product performs under a low battery condition and to determine the low battery shut-off voltage.
- Program battery open circuit voltage (Voc) and all other model parameters adjust to the open circuit voltage setting
- Alternatively program the state of charge (SOC) and all model parameters adapt to the SOC setting
Unique GUI continuously displays the state of the battery
See key parameters of battery models, including open circuit voltage, internal resistance, remaining capacity, and state of charge.
- View open circuit voltage, measured terminal voltage, and load current on the right battery icon
- View state of charge, amp-hour remaining capacity, and internal resistance on the left battery icon
Evaluate the performance of multiple batteries
Assess the type of battery that will work best with your product by loading multiple models into the 2281S-20-6 and powering the product with each model.
- Load up to 14 models into the 2281S-20-6
- Battery voltage can be as high as 20 V
- Internal resistance can be as high as 100 Ω
Create a model of a battery based on the current drain of your product
Use a Keithley 2450 or 2460 Source Measure Unit (SMU) instrument as an electronic load to discharge the battery and create a model for the 2281S-20-6. The 2450 or 2460 can discharge a battery at very low currents—lower than 1 nA.
- Alternatively, create a battery model from the battery manufacturer's data
- Model both series and parallel configurations of batteries
Use the battery simulator as a precision power supply
The 2281S Battery Simulator has a power supply operating mode with 0.02% source setting accuracy, remote sensing, and 0.05% current measurement accuracy.
- 1 mV voltage setting resolution
- 10 nA resolution on the lowest current measurement range
Battery Simulator App in Kickstart
The KickStart Battery Simulator App gives users a simple method to create, manage, and simulate battery models. This optional specialty application for KickStart software is designed for use with Keithley’s 2281S Power Supply/Battery Simulator for simulating battery models and the Keithley 2380 DC Electronic Load for battery model generation.
The Battery Simulator App includes:
- Ability to generate, edit, and simulate custom battery models
- Responsive user interface which allows changes to the simulated state of charge in real time
- Table and graph views to visualize data collection in real time
- Ability to browse multiple battery models saved to repository on local drive
- Ability to import and export models to and from KickStart software
- Dynamic and static battery models
- Dynamic battery model updates values in real time
- Visual representation of battery VOC, Vt, SOC, ESR, current, and capacity
- Easy-to-use app with 3 modes of operation to reduce user error