Last Updated: May 15, 2017
At Tektronix, we offer measurement solutions that enable your breakthrough innovations. Our shared success depends on a solid understanding of your needs. One way we pursue this understanding is by collecting information about you when you use our products or otherwise interact with us. When you share your information with us, you entrust us with your privacy, and that is a responsibility we take seriously.
The information we collect falls into two broad categories:
- Personal information includes personal identifiers, such as your name, your email address, your credit card number, or the serial number of the Tektronix product you are using. All information that is actively linked to one or more personal identifiers is also considered personal information.
- Anonymized information refers to any information that is not actively linked to one or more personal identifiers. This information is often most useful to us in the aggregate, allowing us to monitor market acceptance of new product features, for example.
Using anonymized information where possible is one manner in which we protect your privacy. The remainder of this document addresses our policy when we collect, use, disclose, transfer or otherwise process your personal information.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information about you that you provide to us. For example, we collect such information when you:
- access or use our Products;
- create an online/mobile application account and/or profile;
- request or purchase Products;
- send us devices for service;
- fill out a form;
- provide us with your business card or other contact information;
- participate in a contest or promotion;
- complete a survey;
- sign up to receive one of our newsletters;
- communicate with us via third party social media sites;
- request customer support; or
- otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your password;
- your postal address;
- your phone number;
- your company name and contact details;
- your job function;
- your job title;
- your industry sector;
- the names and contact information of individuals you work with;
- work-related records and reports;
- device and tool information related to your account (e.g., serial number and purchase date);
- payment information;
- service activation codes;
- notes; and
- any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Products
When you access or use our Products, we may automatically collect information, such as:
- Web Session Information: We may collect information about your use of our websites, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Products—or information about the Tektronix devices you use—including the hardware model, MAC address, operating system name and version and unique device identifiers .
- Network Information: We may collect information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network performance.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your mobile device or Tektronix device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or devices, if you have permitted us. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of our Products, such as how often you use the Products, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion), calibration data, project configuration data and operator data.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary to make our websites function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies enable us to recognize repeat visitors, count the number of total visitors and see how visitors navigate our websites. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). We may also use them to recognize you when you return to our websites.
- Third-party cookies. We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources (for example, people you work with) and combine that with information about you we collect directly from you.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain and improve our Products;
- provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and payment card data and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- resolve technical issues related to the Products, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, free trials, surveys, contests, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think is of interest to you, including via email and other electronic means, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law (please see “Your Choices” below);
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities connected to our Products and the products and services of third parties, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- personalize and improve the Products, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law; and
- carry out any other purpose that is compatible with the purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- with distributors, resellers, channel partners and others connected to the sale and marketing of products and services offered by Tektronix or on behalf of Tektronix, with your prior permission or where otherwise permitted by applicable law (please see “Your Privacy Rights” below for more information about your choices with respect to this type of sharing);
- with other users at your direction or through functionality available in the Products;
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- with third parties who need access to such information to perform a service that you requested;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe you are acting inconsistently with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies; or to protect our rights, property and safety and the rights, property and safety of others;
- where necessary in connection with, or during negotiations of (including due diligence), any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to our taking such further steps as applicable law may require; and
- with your consent or at your direction, such as where you decide to share information through an external API.
Social Sharing Features
The Products may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Products with other media, and vice versa. Using these features shares information with your friends or the public, depending on your settings with the entity that provides the feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing related to social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features. We accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of these entities.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- analyze and track data;
- determine the popularity of certain content;
- deliver advertising and content, targeted to your interests, on our Products and on other websites; and
- better understand your online activity.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit Google's Ads Settings and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out mechanism.
We take commercially reasonable measures to help protect personal information from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, and unlawful or accidental destruction.
Information Sharing With Third Parties
As described above, we may share personal information with third parties for marketing purposes related to our products and services, with your prior permission or where otherwise permitted by applicable law. To opt out of having your information shared in this way, please contact us at [email protected]
You may access, update, correct or delete your account information at any time in accordance with applicable law. You may do this by logging into your online account or emailing us at [email protected] Please note that we may charge a small fee for complying with such requests where permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to deactivate or delete your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your account information for a reasonable period of time.
If any of our mobile applications collects location information, we will ask you to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent, you can subsequently stop the collection at any time by changing the location service setting preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
We may also collect location information when you use certain Tektronix devices. The owner of the account associated with such devices can control the collection and use of this information through his or her account settings. If the account owner deactivates the collection of location information, certain features of our devices may no longer function.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device for updates and communications related to the Products. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.