Keithley KickStart Software
Keithley KickStart Software
Accelerate the path to the measurements you want with KickStart Software. KickStart simplifies what you need to know about the instrument so that in just minutes you can take the instrument out of the box and get real data on your device. By plotting data immediately and offering quick statistical summaries of the data in the reading table, KickStart allows you to gather insights faster and make the decisions you need to move on to the next stage of device development. The software saves you time by facilitating quick replication of tests and comparison of results using convenient export features. KickStart enables you to focus your time on interpreting the test results so that your team can meet its innovation goals.
Automated data collection from multiple instruments without expert knowledge
- Collect millions of readings that are streamed to PC disk media for safe archiving
- Run tests on multiple instruments independently or simultaneously
Simple tools for visualizing data quickly
- Large viewing area for data
- Access information about multiple tests in one window
- Highlight data of interest using markers
- Compare data from multiple test runs in a single plot
Fast and easy test replication and sharing of results
- Configure tests using simulated instruments and swap in real instruments when available
- Save test configuration in KickStart project and export along with data for test documentation
- Export data in .csv format
- Export graphs in picture format
|Instrument Type||Model||KickStart App|
|Data Acquisition Units||DAQ6510, DMM6500, 2700, 2701, 2750, 3706A||Data Logger|
|SMU Instruments||2450, 2460, 2461, 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 2601B, 2602B, 2604B, 2611B, 2612B, 2614B, 2634B, 2635B, 2636B, 6430||I-V Characterizer|
|DMMs||DMM6500, DMM7510, DAQ6510, 2700, 2701, 2750, 2000, 2010, 2110||Precision DMM|
|Power Supplies||2280S, 2281S(power supply mode only)||Power Supply|
- Quickly confiigure multi-channel data acquisition instruments
- Stream millions of readings directly to PC disk media for safe data archival
- Export data in ready-to-use formats for reports and additional analysis - even while the test is running
- Perform current versus voltage (I-V) testing on a variety of materials and devices
- Use up to four SourceMeter® SMU instruments in each test
- Run independent or simultaneous tests that log measurements from one or more DMMs
- Get a quick summary of data using statistics built into the data table
- Easy access to control voltage bias and current limit while viewing data from primary measurement instrument in main viewing area
- Configure list sweep to automate tests, such as monitoring power consumption or stability of load current
Add support for high resistivity measurements with Model 6517B Electrometer – FREE for 30 days
The optional high resistivity measurement application (HRMA) for KickStart is designed for use with Keithley’s Model 6517B Electrometer/ High resistance Meter. The Model 6517B along with the Model 8009 Resistivity Test Fixture is a laboratory standard for volume and surface resistivity measurements on insulating materials. Together, they can be used to measure resistance up to 1018 Ω at up to 1000V.
The KickStart High Resistance Measurement Option makes it easier for you to:
- Quickly and reliably determine resistivity of material using test that conform to ASTM D257 standard
- Perform a Step Response test to identify electrification time appropriate to the material’s time constant
- Observe resistivity dependence on temperature and relative humidity of environment using optional probes Model 6517-TP and Model 6517-RH
- Use alternating polarity measurement technique to eliminate inherent background currents for the most accurate resistivity measurements.
The KickStart High Resistivity Measurement Application requires a license, either the 30 day trial license or the Model KICKSTARTFL-HRMA floating license. This license can be used with KickStart version 1.9.7 or 1.9.8. This app is not currently available in KickStart 2.0. A floating license allows selected users to manage transfer of individual license to different PCs.
|Kickstart 2.x.x Software License Installation Process |
If you ordered KICKSTARTFL-BASE that is used with the Kickstart 2.0 or higher software application. If you ordered KICKSTARTFL-HRMA that is used with Kickstart 1.9 software application> After you place an order for Kickstart 2.xx, you may receive up…
|FAQ ID: 772141||07 Mar 2019|
|KickStart Instrument Control Software Version 2.0.6 (Windows 10, 8, 7 compatible)|
"KickStart Software for the PC enables quick test setup and data visualization when using one or more instruments. Key Features• Save time by automating data collection of millions of readings.• Set up a multi-instrument test with the ability to…
Part number: KICKSTART-2.0.6
|KickStart Instrument Control Software Datasheet|
Literature number: 1KW-60965-3
|KickStart Quick Start Guide The quick start guide for the Keithley KickStart 2.0 software.
KickStart Instrument Control Software lets you start making measurements in minutes without complex instrument programming. KickStart allows you to do I-V characterization, data acquisition and logging, and power supply control on a variety of Keithley…
Part number: KKS-903-01G
|KickStart Instrument Control Software Version 2.0.5 (Windows 10, 8, 7 compatible)|
"""KickStart Software for the PC enables quick test setup and data visualization when using one or more instruments. Key Features• Save time by automating data collection of millions of readings.• Set up a multi-instrument test with the ability to…
Part number: KICKSTART-2.0.5
|KickStart version 2.0.0 compatibility with PC operating systems.|
KickStart version 2.0.0 requires a 64-bit Windows Operating System. This version of KickStart supports Windows 7 and higher. Keithley recommends that you have at least 8 GB of PC disk space and at least 8 GB of RAM. If you need to run KickStart on a…
|FAQ ID: 470106||18 Apr 2018|
|Connecting to the Model 2701 Multimeter / Data Acquisition / Switch System using KickStart version 2.0.0|
The Model 2701 is not an LXI-C instrument. You must manually add its IP address in KickStart. Click on the “Advanced” section of the Instrument Pane in KickStart version 2.0.0. Enter the IP address for the Model 2701.
|FAQ ID: 470101||18 Apr 2018|
|Does KickStart support RS-232 communication? |
No. KickStart only communicates to instruments connected using USB, GPIB or LAN.
|FAQ ID: 470096||18 Apr 2018|
|Adding more SMU instruments to the I-V Characterizer App in KickStart version 2.0.0|
Use the “Instruments” button in the I-V Characterizer app toolbar to access the “Add Channels” button to add more SMU instruments to your test. You can add up to 4 SMU instruments in a single I-V Characterizer app.
|FAQ ID: 470091||18 Apr 2018|
|Exporting Data in KickStart version 2.0.0.|
Export the reading table as a .csv file or the graph as a .png file using the “Export” button in the Run History menu.
|FAQ ID: 469991||17 Apr 2018|
|Does Kickstart support the 2600? The 2600A or 2600B?|
Kickstart version 1.9.8 or greater does support the 2600A and 2600B models. Kickstart does not work with the non-A or non-B 2600 instrument models.
|FAQ ID: 255366||17 Apr 2018|