What user interface differences should I expect to see between a standard 5 or 6 Series MSO and one equipped with the optional Windows 10 operating system?
When you purchase a 5 Series MSO with the 5-WIN option or a 6 Series MSO with the 6-WIN option installed, or upgrade your 5 Series MSO with the SUP5-WIN upgrade, or upgrade your 6 Series MSO with the SUP6-WIN upgrade, you will see very few differences in the user interface. However, you may notice a few minor differences with Windows, including:
- There are minimize, restore down / maximize, and close buttons in the upper right corner of the application:
- There is an Exit choice in the File menu for exiting the scope application. (The Shutdown selection turns off the entire instrument.)
- The File Utilities choice in the File menu opens a standard Windows Explorer instance.
- When one or more TekExpress applications are installed, an Application menu item appears in the menu bar between Edit and Utility.
- Standard Windows tools are available to mount/unmount network drives.
- Standard Windows tools are available to create a login password or user accounts.
- LAN settings are changed through standard Windows functionality instead of in the scope application.
- Windows does not support dimming the screen as a screen-saver.
- Standard Remote Desktop is available instead of e*Scope for remote control.
- You need to tap the edge of the graticule to bring the Results bar back. A swipe from the right does not work.
- Windows displays the font slightly thinner and less bold.
- TekSecure takes only a few seconds to run, since most information is stored on the removable SSD.
FAQ ID 235441すべてのFAQを表示 »