Ethernet provides the common technology behind mobile towers, social media, IoT, wearables, connected cars, and many other new technologies. However, the transmission medium varies with the speed of transmission and application requirements: optical for long-distance and electrical for short-distance. Tektronix offers comprehensive, integrated toolsets for validating the physical layer of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet devices, and for developing and debugging Ethernet-based systems in the hyper-scale datacenter, automotive, enterprise, and consumer ecosystems.
Integrated Toolsets for Ethernet Validation and Debug
The Fastest Ethernet: Metro, Campus, and Data Center at 100G, 200G, 400G, and Beyond
The demand for greater data throughput from data centers is growing and the Ethernet specification is growing alongside it. Devices are reaching 100Gbit per lane, with next-generation 200Gbit devices on the horizon, leading to increased complexity in compliance testing. Tektronix provides world-class solutions to address the demand for high-speed compliance testing and verification.
- DPO70000SX real-time oscilloscopes and 8 Series sampling oscilloscope allow high-speed data acquisition up to 70GHz.
- TekExpress electrical and optical transmitter (Tx) characterization software and PAM4, jitter, and SDLA analysis tools for PAM4 and NRZ signals enables automated compliance measurement for CAUI, CR, KR, and OIF-CEI.
- Learn more about our TekExpress 400G solution (802.3ck, 802.3bs, and 802.3cd).
Automotive In-Vehicle Networking (IVN): 10M-10G and Beyond
Today’s vehicles are generating vast amounts of data to implement Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), In-vehicle infotainment, etc. These technologies require fast communication and are driving architectural changes in in-vehicle networks. These networks need to be measured, verified for compliance, and debugged.
- Transmitter compliance tests for 100BASE-T1, 1000BASE-T1, MultiGBASE-T1, and 10BASE-T1S via a single compliance application
- Fully automated setup wizard that configures all required test parameters to perform compliance testing
- Compliance and debug toolkit to switch into debug and validation mode when a DUT fails compliance
Testing Automotive Ethernet Solutions
Consumer and Industrial: 10M – 10G
Ethernet transmitter test solutions automate testing to save significant time and improve repeatability. Tektronix oscilloscope-based software uses the test procedures and test limits specified in industry standards. Automation features reduce time spent on test set-up and data collection.
- Comprehensive Ethernet PHY test coverage supporting multiple speeds
- Highly optimized and intuitive user interface for quick test configuration and validation of electrical signals
- Compliance and margin testing for accurate analysis and improved interoperability
- Configure test parameters and limits for debug and characterization
Coherent: 100G ZR, 400G ZR, 800G ZR, and Beyond
Together with Quantifi Photonics Ltd., we offer a high-performing and flexible Optical Modulation Analyzer (OMA) system to meet current and future requirements. The market-leading performance of Quantifi Photonics’ IQRX coherent receiver and the scalable architecture of Tektronix performance oscilloscopes offer an excellent ROI.
- Characterize 400ZR and 800ZR signals up to 140GBaud
- Supports single and dual-polarization PSK and QAM formats
- Visual signal analysis using constellation and eye diagrams
- Performance parameter measurement including EVM, BER, Bias errors, and more
Coherent Optical Products