Product Take-Back and Recycle Program
Tektronix is an environmentally conscious company committed to continuous improvement and using development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, that minimize waste and prevent pollution, and that minimize health and safety risks of our customers and employees.
In support of our environmental goals, effective August 2005 Tektronix will launch a formal product Take-Back and Recycle Program in Europe that complies with the European Union Directive 2002/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment ("WEEE Directive").
This program will provide self-service instructions for ease of use product take-back and recycling. Equipment that is returned through this program will be handled in an environmentally safe manner using processes that comply with the WEEE Directive requirements.
This program is for Tektronix customers who have Tektronix products that have reached the end-of-life and are ready for disposal. Additionally, customers may recycle a competitor's product through this program when replacing it with a Tektronix product. Availability is currently limited to the European Union. Program guidelines are as follows:
- Effective August 13th, 2005, Tektronix will accept all Tektronix branded or Tektronix subsidiary branded electronic test, measurement and monitoring products, with or without the standard WEEE "dust-bin" symbol shown below:
- When purchasing new equipment from Tektronix, Tektronix will accept a "similar" competitor product for Take-Back and Recycling with or without the WEEE "dust-bin" label. Customers wishing to return more than one competitive product for every product sold will require Tektronix authorization.
- If the product to be returned is a system that requires dismantling, the customer will be responsible for all expenses associated with the dismantling and removal of the system. This expense should be taken into consideration during the initial sales quote.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is taken back free of charge in this store on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis.
- Waste batteries including rechargeable batteriesare taken back free of charge in this store.
- You are not obliged to make any purchase when returning old batteries here.
- Each local authority must also accept household WEEE and small batteries free of charge at its recycling facilities.
- All WEEE and waste batteries must be recycled and should not be placed in any of your household wheelie bins.
- Make sure you always recycle all your old electrical old electrical goods and batteries.
For other questions about the environmental compliance of Tektronix products contact us.