ExceLINX: Why Isn't ExceLINX Available from all User Profies?
Software: ExceLINX-1A, ExceLINX for PicoAmmeters/Electrometers
Integra Series: 2700, 2701, 2750
Low-Current/High-Resistance Meters: 6485, 6487, 6514
Question : My System Administrator just installed ExceLINX on my PC. In Excel, he can access it okay, but the ExceLINX menu does not appear for any other user. How do other users access the program?
Answer: The problem is that in multi-user systems, Excel add-ins are managed on a per-user basis in Windows NT, 2000 and XP and Microsoft Excel. User Profiles other than the one that installed ExceLINX will not automatically get access to ExceLINX. However, all profiles can manually access the add-in by following the instructions below:
1. The Administrator should log out and the User should log in.
2. Start Microsoft Excel.
3. Go to the Tools Menu and Select Add-Ins...
4. When the Add-Ins window pops up, click on Browse...
5. Follow one of the following two paths to find the correct file (replace â€œC:â€ with whatever drive ExceLINX was installed on):a. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Keithley Instruments\ExceLINX\ExceLINX2.xla OR
b. C:\Program Files\Keithley Instruments\ExceLINX\ExceLINX2.xlaNote: For older versions of ExceLINX, the file may be named ExceLINX.xla
6. After you select the ExceLINX2.xla file above, click OK.
7. The list of available Add-Ins should now include ExceLINX 2.0 and it should be checked. If it is not checked, then check it.
8. Click OK. The ExceLINX menu should appear.
9. It is recommended that you close and then reopen Excel before using ExceLINX.
FAQ ID 70166すべてのFAQを表示 »