Keithley Parametric Test Systems
Keithley Parametric Test Systems
S530 Parametric Test Systems are designed for production and lab environments that must handle a broad range of devices and technologies, offering industry-leading test plan flexibility, automation, probe station integration, and test data management capabilities. Keithley has brought more than 30 years of expertise in delivering a wide range of standard and custom parametric testers to customers around the world to the design of these test solutions.
The S535 Multi-Site Wafer Acceptance Test System is a high-power, high-resolution wafer-level solution for testing analog, power, mixed-signal, and discrete devices in applications across the fab workflow. Unlike conventional asynchronous parallel test schemes that test mutiple devices on one site at the same time, the S535's multi-parallel test method tests multiple devices on multiple sites at the same time. This reduces prober index time by at least 2x, thus boosting fab productivity and lowering the cost of test.
The 540 Parametric Test System is a fully-automated, 48 pin parametric test system for wafer-level testing of power semiconductor devices and structures up to 3kV. Optimized for use with the latest compound power semiconductor materials including silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN), the fully integrated S540 can perform all high voltage, low voltage, and capacitance tests in a single probe touch-down.
S500 Integrated Test Systems are highly configurable, instrument-based systems for semiconductor characterization at the device, wafer, or cassette level. Built on our proven instrumentation, S500 Integrated Test Systems provide innovative measurement features and system flexibility, scalable to your needs. The unique measurement capability, combined with the powerful and flexible Automated Characterization Suite (ACS) software, provides a comprehensive range of applications and features not offered on other comparable systems on the market.
- Readily adaptable to new devices and test requirements
- Fast, flexible, interactive test plan development
- Compatible with popular fully automatic probe stations
- Options for 1kV, C-V, pulse generation, frequency measurements, and low-voltage measurements
- Compatible with Keithley's Model 9139A Probe Card Adapter
- Supports reuse of existing five-inch probe card libraries
- Proven instrumentation technology ensures high measurement accuracy and repeatability in both the lab and the fab
- Automatically perform all wafer-level DC parametric tests in a multi-site parallel or serial operation. Test two or four sites in a single probe touch-down.
- Up to 64 test pins: Four sites test in parallel, 16 pins per site; two sites tested in parallel, 32 pins per site; single-site, serial operation, 64 pins
- Up to 100 W operation: 100 V @ 1 A; 200 V @ 100 mA
- 1 fA, 10 nV resolution in a high-speed, multi-pin, fully-automated test environment
- Linux-based Keithley Test Environment (KTE) system software for compatibility with legacy Keithley test systems, easy test development, and fast execution.
- Keithley S530-style probe card infrastructure also supports legacy S400 applications
- Automatically perform all wafer-level parametric tests on up to 48 pins, including high voltage breakdown, capacitance, and low voltage measurements, in a single probe touch-down without changing cables or probe card infrastructure
- Perform transistor capacitance measurements such as Ciss, Coss, and Crss up to 3kV without manual reconfiguration of test pins
- Achieve low-level measurement performance in a high-speed, multi-pin, fully-automated test environment
- Linux-based Keithley Test Environment (KTE) system software enables easy test development and fast execution
- Ideal for fully- or semi-automatic applications in process integration, process control monitoring, and production die sort
- Lowers the cost of ownership by minimizing test time, test set-up time, and floor space while achieving lab-grade measurement performance
- Full-range source measurement unit (SMU) instrument specifications, including subfemtoamp measurement, ensure a wide range of measurements on almost any device.
- Pulse generation and ultra-fast I-V for memory characterization, charge pumping, singlepulse PIV (charge trap analysis), and PIV sweeps (self-heating avoidance).
- Low or high channel-count systems, including parallel test, with Keithley's system-enabling and scalable SMU instruments.
- High voltage, current, and power source-measure instrumentation for testing devices such as power MOSFETs and display drivers.
- Switching, probe cards, and cabling take the system all the way to your DUT.
|S540 Power Semiconductor Test System Specifications|
Literature number: SPEC-S540A
|Specification||16 Aug 2018|
|S535 Wafer Acceptance Test System Specifications|
Literature number: SPEC-S535A
|Specification||16 Aug 2018|
|Series 500 (S530, S535, S540) Test Systems Programmer's|
This manual contains detailed descriptions of commands you can use with Keithley Test Environment (KTE) software to configure and control your S530, S535, or S540 parametric test system.
Part number: S500-904-01A
|S530-S535-S540 KTE 5.8.0 Release Notes S530-S535-S540 KTE 5.8.0 Release Notes
This document contains information on enhancements, critical and noncritical fixes, and known issues for each released version of the Keithley Test Environment (KTE) software.
Part number: PA-1036T
|S530 Parametric Test System Administrative Guide S530 Parametric Test System Administrative Guide
This document contains information about system options, site preparation and installation, equipment startup, maintenance, and example connection drawings.
Part number: S530-924-01E
|S530 Parametric Test System Reference Manual S530 Parametric Test System Reference Manual
This document contains information about system instruments, installation, getting started, using function libraries, software, frequency analysis, pulse generation, diagnostics and troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Part number: S530-901-01A
|S535 Multi-Site Wafer Acceptance Test System|
Literature number: 1KW-61422-0
|Multi-Site Parallel Testing with the S535 Wafer Acceptance Test System|
In semiconductor wafer production, minimizing the cost of test has been identified as the number one challenge. The biggest factor in the cost of test, as well as in the cost of test system ownership, is throughput of the tester/prober combination. This…
Literature number: 1KW-61423-0
|Application Note||17 Jul 2018|
|S540 Power Semiconductor Test System Datasheet|
S540 Parametric Test SystemThe Keithley S540 is a fully-automated, wafer-level parametric test system that can perform all high voltage, low voltage, low current, and capacitance tests up to 3kV in a single probe touch-down to maximize productivity and minimize cost of ownership.
Literature number: 1KW-60909-1
|S530/S530-HV Parametric Test Systems|
Literature number: 1KW-60240-1
|Measuring MOSFET Gate Charge Using the S530 and S540 Parametric Test Systems|
This application note describes how to make gate charge measurements on a MOSFET based on the JEDEC Gate Charge Test Method.
Literature number: 1KW-61389-0
|Application Note||10 May 2018|
|High Voltage Wafer Testing in a Production Environment with the HV S540 Parametric Test System|
This application note explores several measurement techniques and approaches that enable automated HV wafer level characterization on multiple pins without sacrificing low voltage performance or throughput, as well as share results and experiences in the…
Literature number: 1KW-60936-2
|Application Note||24 Jan 2018|
|S530 KTE Prober Manual|
S530 KTE PROBER AND PROBER DRIVER MANUAL
Part number: S530-911-01B
|S500 Data Sheet||Datasheet|
|S530 Semiconductor Parametric Test System: Cost effective, high throughput solutions||Fact Sheet||08 Aug 2017|