Advanced Power Measurement and Analysis
Get more visibility into your power systems with Advanced Power Measurement and Analysis on the 5 Series MSO. The combination of the oscilloscope, analysis software, and a wide range of available voltage and current probes, enables you to perform automated, accurate power system measurements even if you are not a power conversion guru. The 12-bit analog-to-digital converters in the 5 Series MSO deliver high-precision measurement data, and the pinch/swipe/zoom touch interface makes it easy to manage measurements. A rich set of graphical power analysis tools, signal visibility on up to 8 FlexChannel®inputs, and a 15.6-inch HD display, deliver a comprehensive view of your power system. The instrument supports a wide range of voltage and current probes, including state-of-the-art IsoVuTMoptically isolated voltage probes. The unmatched common mode rejection of IsoVu probes and the automation of Advanced Power Measurement and Analysis make an unbeatable combination for optimizing the latest GaN and SiC designs.
- Line measurements
- Power includes true power, apparent power, power factor, and phase angle
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Crest Factor
- Harmonics measurements, bar charts, and tables
- Amplitude provides easy per-cycle measurements of voltage or current, including minimum, maximum, amplitude, and peak-to-peak
- Switching Device measurements
- Switching Loss computes turn-on, turn-off, and conduction loss in switching devices
- Safe Operating Area (SOA) provides customizable safe operating area mask testing
- Timing analysis enables easy analysis of pulse-width-modulated switching signals with cycle-by-cycle plots or histograms of pulse width, duty cycle, frequency, or period
- Output measurements
- Line Ripple
- Switching Ripple
Add, configure, and remove automated measurements using the 5 Series MSO’s pinch/swipe/zoom touch interface
Easily document test results with automated report generation, including measurements, test results, and plots in a single, editable mht file or pdf file
Cover diverse applications with a wide range of voltage and current probes, including state-of-the-art IsoVu optically isolated voltage probes
Configure any measurement and transfer any result via remote interface for automated testing applications
Power quality measurements and current harmonics are two common sets of measurements made on the input section of a power supply, to analyze the effects of the power supply on the power line and evaluate the performance of the supply under various line conditions.
This group of measurements are optimized for line frequencies and are commonly performed at the AC line input of the power supply. They provide fast insight into the amount of power and the level of distortion at the input.
RMS voltage and current
True, apparent, and reactive power
THD and crest factor
- Input analysis
- True power, Apparent power, Power factor, Reactive power, Crest factor, Phase angle, THD, Harmonics, Pre-compliance testing for EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-2 AM14, and MIL-STD-1399 (400 Hz) standards
- Amplitude measurements
- Cycle Amplitude, Cycle Top, Cycle Base, Cycle Minimum, Cycle Maximum, and Cycle Peak-to-Peak
- Timing analysis
- Pulse width, Duty cycle, Period, and Frequency variation versus time
- Switching analysis
- Switching loss, Turn-on (Ton), Turn -off (Toff), Conduction loss (cond), Safe operating area (SOA), SOA with Mask testing, di/dt, and dv/dt
- Output analysis
- Ripple due to line frequency and switching frequency
- Time trend, Trajectory plot, Histogram, Bar graph
- MHT and PDF format, Data export to CSV format
- Degauss/Deskew (static)
- Automatic detection of probes, Auto Zero. User can deskew probes from the menus for each channel
- Source support
- Live analog signals, reference waveforms, and math waveforms
|New instrument order option||Product upgrade option||Supported instruments|
|5-PWR, 5-PS2||SUP5-PWR||5 Series MSO oscilloscopes (MSO54, MSO56, MSO58, MSO58LP)|
Additional information about power analysis is available athttp://www.tek.com/application/power-supply-measurement-and-analysis.
Recommended probes and accessories
|AC/DC current probes||TCP0020, TCP0030A, TCP0150|
|AC current probes||TRCP0300, TRCP0600, TRCP3000|
|Medium-voltage differential probes||TDP0500, TDP1000|
|High-voltage differential probes||THDP0200, THDP0100, TMDP0200|
|IsoVu isolated differential probes||TIVM1/L, TIVH08/L, TIVH05/L, TIVH02/L|
|High-voltage passive probes||P5100A, P6015A|
|Deskew pulse generator||TEK-DPG|
|Power solution bundles||5-PS2|
Power solution bundles
|5 Series MSO PS bundle options||Description|
|5-PS2||5-PWR, TCP0030A, THDP0200, 067-1686-xx deskew fixture|
Complete power probing portfolio
Use the following list of probes with option 5-PWR power to ensure complete solution to power measurement capabilities on the 5 Series MSO oscilloscopes.
|High voltage differential probes||The THDP0100/THDP0200/TMDP0200 high-voltage differential probes are the best choice for making non-ground referenced, floating measurements. These probes provide bandwidths to 200 MHz and voltage ranges up to 6000 V.|
|The P5200A/P5202A/P5205A/P5210A high-voltage differential probes are the best choice for making non-ground referenced, floating or isolated measurements. These probes provide bandwidths to 100 MHz and voltage ranges up to 5600 V.|
|Optically Isolated differential probes||The TIVM1, TIVH08, TIVH05, and TIVH02 optically-isolated differential probes are the best choice for accurately resolving high bandwidth, differential signals, ideal for testing wide bandgap designs. The probes are available in 3 m and 10 m lengths.
The TIVM1 provides 1 GHz bandwidth and can measure differential signals up to ±50 Vpk in the presence of common mode voltages up to 60 kV. The TIVH08, TIVH05, and TIVH02 provide 800 MHz, 500 MHz, and 200 MHz, respectively, and can measure differential signals up to ±2500 Vpk in the presence of common mode voltages up to 60 kV.
|Current probes||Tektronix offers a broad portfolio of current probes, including AC/DC current probes that provide bandwidths up to 120 MHz and best-in-class current clamp sensitivity down to 1 mA.|
|AC-only Rogowski probes include the TRCP300 (9 Hz to 30 MHz, 250 mA to 300 A peak), TRCP600 (12 Hz to 30 MHz, 500 mA to 600 A peak), and TRCP3000 (1 Hz to 16 MHz, 500 mA to 3000 A peak).|
|Mid-voltage differential probes||The TDP0500/TDP1000 medium-voltage differential probes are the best choice for making non-ground referenced, floating or isolated measurements. These probes provide bandwidths to 1 GHz and voltage ranges up to ±42 V (DC + pk AC).|
For a complete listing of compatible probes for each oscilloscope, please refer tohttp://www.tek.com/probesfor specific information on the recommended models of probes and any necessary probe adapters.