Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST.
TBS2000B Series Datasheet
Digital Storage Oscilloscope
The TBS2000B Series of Oscilloscopes with a 9-inch WVGA display, 5 million point record length and 2 GS/s sample rate, capture and display significantly more signal to help you debug and validate the designs faster. Easily and confidently analyze your signals with new on-waveform cursor readouts and 32 automated measurements, each with informative tips. The TekVPI® probe interface supports traditional passive BNC probes, but also enables wide application coverage with the latest active voltage probes and current probes.
Key performance specifications
- 2 and 4 analog channel models
- 200 MHz, 100 MHz, and 70 MHz bandwidth models up to 2 GS/s sampling rate
- 5 M record length on all channels
- 5 year warranty
- 9-inch WVGA color display with 15 horizontal grids shows 50% more signal
- TekVPI probe interface supports active, differential, and current probes with automatic scaling and units
- New front-end design enables more accurate measurements
- 32 automated measurements, and FFT function for quick waveform analysis
- Search and Mark features for easy identification of events that occur in the acquired waveform
- HelpEverywhere provides helpful on-screen tips for new users
- Built-in Scope Intro handbook provides operating instructions and oscilloscope fundamentals
- The instrument user interface and the front panel overlay is translated into 10 languages
- USB 2.0 host port on the front panel for quick and easy data storage
- USB 2.0 device port on rear panel for easy connection to a PC
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet port for remote control over LAN
- Wi-Fi interface provides wireless communications capability support 1
1A Wi-Fi adapter is available in some countries from Tektronix distributors as an accessory, model TEK-USB-WIFI. See Ordering Information for details.
- Courseware function presents lab exercise guidance on the display
- Fully compatible with TekSmartLab lab management software for education
- Autoset, Cursors and Automated measurements can be disabled to help educators to teach basic concepts to students
Designed to make your work easier
The TBS2000B Series is designed for easy operation and quick hands-on learning. Dedicated controls provide quick access to important settings, so you can evaluate signals faster. With the TBS2000B you get 10 vertical divisions and 15 horizontal divisions, so you can see more of your signal. The large display also offers more room for measurement results and menu information.
The Zoom function lets you quickly pan through the record and zoom in to see signal details. The new on screen cursors overlay the cursor measurements on the screen making them intuitive to read and understand.
Versatile triggering and acquisition modes
The trigger system is designed for troubleshooting today's mixed signal designs. Beyond a basic edge trigger, it also includes pulse width and runt triggering, which are especially useful for troubleshooting digital sections of your designs. Pulse width triggering is perfect for hunting narrow glitches or timeout conditions. Runt trigger is designed to capture signals that are shorter in amplitude than expected.
The Instrument offers several acquisition modes. The default acquisition mode is Sample Mode which works well for most applications. The Peak Detect Mode is useful for hunting spikes, and Average Mode can help reduce noise on repetitive signals.
Quickly search for events of interest
The search button enables you to quickly setup a search criteria based on trigger settings. All occurrences of the event of interest with the acquisition are highlighted with search marks. Easily navigate to each instance of occurrence with dedicated navigation buttons for closer inspection and analysis.
Search through events of interest and mark then through the entire acquisition.
Automated measurements are easier than ever
A comprehensive set of automated measurements enable fast and convenient testing of a wide variety of signal conditions for different applications.
The measurements are grouped into four categories: Frequency, time, amplitude, and area. All the measurements are displayed on a single measurement selection screen making it easy to choose from 32 automated measurements, no more hunting through various menus. Measurements are color coded by the source, and are presented on a transparent background, so waveforms are not obscured by the readouts. The HelpEverywhere system provides help texts with graphics to explain how a measurement is performed, making it easier for new users to know which measurement to use and to interpret the results.
You can understand the frequency content of your signals with the FFT function by pressing the dedicated front-panel FFT button. Display only the FFT, or turn on the source waveform display to see both the frequency and the time domain waveform. A transparent readout shows important settings without blocking the FFT display.
TekVPI® Interface and active probe support
The TekVPI probe interface sets the standard for ease of use in probing. With this interface the TBS2000B Series Oscilloscope supports a wide range of the latest voltage and current probes, providing coverage for many applications. These probes are powered by and communicate with the TBS2000B through the VPI interface. Scale factors and status information, such as error conditions, are sent to the instrument for processing and display. This saves you from having to manually set scale factors, calculate offsets, or the need to degauss your current probes.
The new front end design with higher 2GS/s sample rate offers lower noise and higher effective bits enabling more accurate measurements.
First in its class with wireless communications
Built-in tips for faster setup
HelpEverywhere is a unique feature on theTBS2000B. It shows instant help information as you navigate through key menus. The tips include measurement information, application tips, and general guidance in the form of text and graphics. You can selectively turn tips on and off from the HelpEverywhere menu.
On-screen scope fundamentals
Scope Intro handbook is embedded into the TBS2000B help system. Pressing the front panel Function button gives you access to information on oscilloscope basic operations, as well as an overview of the TBS2000B and TekSmartLab Lab Management System for education.
Innovative new education solutions
The TBS2000B offers new ways to enable educators to devote more time to teaching circuit concepts instead of lab setup and management.
Educators can disable Autoset, Cursors and automated measurements on the instruments so that they can teach the students on the basic concepts and help them understand how to use the instrument horizontal and vertical controls to get the waveform display, use the graticule to measure time and voltage and manually plot / calculate the signal characteristics.
The integrated Courseware function allows professors to load lab exercises on the instrument to give students guidance at each station and provides a structured framework into which students can capture data to incorporate into their reports. Over 100 sample lab exercises are available for download from theTektronix Courseware Resource Center.
The TBS2000B can be easily integrated into the TekSmartLab System. Together they enable educators to preset a lab full of instruments with a few mouse-clicks and allow lab instructors to track every student's progress from one central workstation.
TekBench™ is PC software that controls Tektronix oscilloscopes and arbitrary function generators. It offers intuitive instrument control, automated measurement data logging, automated frequency response measurements, and easy waveform exporting with required format to eliminate extra time and effort. It allow users to focus on their experiment rather than learning the instrument
Performance you can count on
Tektronix has industry-leading service and support, and every TBS2000B Series Oscilloscope is backed with a standard 5-year warranty.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise. All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
|Bandwidth||70 MHz||70 MHz||100 MHz||100 MHz||200 MHz||200 MHz|
|Max Sample Rate||2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|2 GS/s - Half Channel |
1 GS/s - All Channels
|Record length||5 M points||5 M points||5 M points||5 M points||5 M points||5 M points|
Vertical system analog channels
- Hardware bandwidth limits
- 20 MHz
- Input coupling
- DC or AC
- Input impedance
1 MΩ ± 1 %, 13 pF ± 1.5 pF
- Input sensitivity range
- 2mV/div 5 V/div
- Vertical resolution
- Maximum input voltage, 1 MΩ
300 VRMS, Installation Category II; with peaks ≤ ±450 V
- Acquisition modes
- Acquire sampled values.
- Peak Detect
- Captures glitches as narrow as 3.5 ns at all sweep speeds.
- From 2 to 512 waveforms included in average.
- Averages multiple sample of one acquisition interval into one waveform point.
- Scrolls waveforms right to left across the screen at sweep speeds slower than or equal to 40 ms/div.
- Math modes
- All units:
Ch 1 - Ch 2
Ch 2 - Ch 1
Ch 1 + Ch 2
Ch 1 X Ch 2
- 4 channel units:
Ch 3 - Ch 4
Ch 3 + Ch 4
Ch 4 - Ch 3
Ch 3 X Ch 4
- DC balance
± (1 mV +0.1 div)
- DC gain accuracy
± 2% 5 V/div through 5 mV/div
± 3% typical 2 mV/div
- DC voltage measurement accuracy average mode
- Average of > 16 waveforms
- ±((DC Gain Accuracy) X |reading - (offset - position)| + Offset Accuracy + 0.11 div + 1 mV)
- Delta Volts between any two averages of ≥16 waveforms acquired with the same oscilloscope setup and ambient conditions
- ±(DC Gain Accuracy X |reading| + 0.08 div + 1.4 mV)
- Vertical position range
- ± 5 divisions
- Vertical offset ranges
1 MΩ, Input
2 mV/Div to 200 mV/Div ± 800 mV 202 mV/div to 5 V/div ± 20 V
- Analog bandwidth, DC coupled
- 200 MHz models:
DC to >200 MHz
- 100 MHz models:
DC to ≥100 MHz
- 70 MHz models:
DC to ≥70 MHz
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR), typical
- 100:1 at 60 Hz, reducing to 10:1 with 50 MHz sine wave with equal Volts/div and coupling settings on each channel.
- Channel-to-channel isolation
TBS2072B, TBS2074B TBS2102B, TBS2104B TBS2202B, TBS2204B ≥100:1 at ≤70 MHz ≥100:1 at ≤100 MHz ≥100:1 at ≤200 MHz
Horizontal system analog channels
- Maximum duration of time captured at highest sample rate (all channels)
- 5 ms
- Time base range
TBS220x: 1 ns/div to 100 sec/div
TBS207x, TBS210x: 2 ns/div to 100 sec/div
- Time-base delay time range
- -15 divisions to 5000 s
- Deskew range
- ±100 ns
- Time base accuracy
- ±25 ppm over any ≥1 ms interval
- Trigger modes
- Auto, Normal, and Single
- Trigger holdoff range
- 20 ns to 8 s
- Trigger types
- Positive or negative slope on any channel. Coupling includes DC, HF reject, LF reject, and noise reject.
- Pulse width
- Trigger on width of positive or negative pulses that are >, <, =, or ≠ a specified period of time.
- Trigger on a pulse that crosses one threshold but fails to cross a second threshold before crossing the first again.
- Trigger coupling analog channels
- DC, Noise Reject, High Freq Reject, Low Freq Reject.
- Sensitivity, edge–type trigger, DC coupled
Trigger Source Sensitivity Analog inputs 0.4 division from DC to 50 MHz 0.6 divisions >50 MHz to 100 MHz 0.8 divisions >100 MHz to 200 MHz Analog inputs 0.4 division from DC to 50 MHz 0.6 divisions >50 MHz to 100 MHz
- Trigger level ranges
Input channels: ± 4.90 divisions from center screen
- Nonvolatile memory retention time, typical
- No time limit for Front Panel Settings, saved waveforms, setups, and calibration constants.
- Real-Time clock
- A programmable clock providing time in years, months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Time, amplitude and screen.
- Automated measurements
- 32, of which up to six can be displayed on-screen at any one time. Measurements include: Period, Frequency, Rise Time, Fall Time, Positive Duty Cycle, Negative Duty Cycle, Positive Pulse Width, Negative Pulse Width, Burst Width, Phase, Positive Overshoot, Negative Overshoot, Peak to Peak, Amplitude, High, Low, Max, Min, Mean, Cycle Mean, RMS, Cycle RMS, Positive Pulse Count, Negative Pulse Count, Rising Edge Count, Falling Edge Count, Area, Cycle Area, Delay FR, Delay FF, Delay FR, and Delay RR.
- Isolate the specific occurrence within an acquisition to take measurements on, using either the screen, between waveform cursors or full record length.
- Add, subtract, and multiply waveforms.
- Spectral magnitude. Set FFT Vertical Scale to Linear RMS or dBV RMS, and FFT Window to Rectangular, Hamming, Hanning, or Blackman-Harris.
Remote control software
- web page
Built-in web page enables remote control of horizontal and vertical scale, trigger settings, and measurements. Allows waveform and image save to USB flash drive.
- Display type
- 9 inch (228 mm) wide format liquid crystal TFT color display.
- Display resolution
- 800 horizontal by 480 vertical displayed pixels (WVGA).
- Waveform styles
- Vectors, Variable Persistence, and Infinite Persistence.
- Grid, None.
- YT and XY.
Input output ports
- USB 2.0 high-speed host port
- Supports USB mass storage devices, Wi-Fi dongle, One port available on rear panel and one on front panel.
- USB 2.0 high-speed device port
- Device port
- Rear-panel connector allows for communication/control of oscilloscope through USBTMC or GPIB with a TEK-USB-488.
- Compatible USB-WIFI dongles
NETGEAR WNA1000M, WNA3100M, D-LINK DWA-131, TP-LINK TL-WN823N
- LAN port (Ethernet)
- RJ-45 connector, supports 10/100BASE-T.
- Probe compensator
- 5 V
- 1 kHz
- Kensington-style lock
- Rear-panel security slot connects to standard Kensington-style lock.
- Power source voltage
- 100 to 240 VAC RMS ±10%
- Power source frequency
47 Hz to 63 Hz (100 to 240 V)
360 Hz to 440 Hz (100 to 132 V)
- Power consumption
- 80 W maximum
Height: 174.9 mm (6.89 in)
Width: 372.4 mm (14.66 in)
Depth: 103.3 mm (4.07 in)
Height: 201.5mm (7.93 in)
Width: 412.8 mm (16.25 in)
Depth: 128.1 mm (5.04 in)
2.62 kg (5.8 lbs.), standalone instrument.
5.1 kg (11.2 lbs.), when packaged for domestic shipment.
4.17 kg (9.2 lbs.), stand-alone instrument.
7 kg (15.4 lbs.), when packaged for domestic shipment.
- Cooling clearance
- 50 mm (2 in) required on left side and rear of instrument.
EMC, environment, and safety
0 °C to +50 °C (+32 ºF to 122 ºF)
- -40 °C to +71 °C (-40 ºF to 160 ºF)
5% to 95% relative humidity (% RH) at up to +30° C
5% to 60% RH above +30° C up to +50° C
5% to 95% RH (Relative Humidity) at up to +30° C
5% to 60% RH above +30° C up to +60° C
- Up to 3,000 meters (9,842 feet).
Up to 12,000 meters (39,370 feet).
Altitude is limited by possible damage to LCD at higher altitudes. This damage is independent of operation.
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- EC Council Directive 2014/30/EU
- UL61010-1, UL61010-2-030, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010.1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2:030; complies with the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU for Product Safety
|TBS2072B||70 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 2-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
|TBS2074B||70 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 4-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
|TBS2102B||100 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 2-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
|TBS2104B||100 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 4-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
|TBS2202B||200 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 2-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
|TBS2204B||200 MHz bandwidth, 2 GS/s sample rate, 4-channel digital storage oscilloscope, 5 Mpts record length, 5 year warranty. Certificate of Calibration Standard.|
Bandwidth upgrade options
|SUP2-BW7T102||Upgrade 70 MHz to 100 MHz on 2-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
|SUP2-BW7T104||Upgrade 70 MHz to 100 MHz on 4-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
|SUP2-BW7T202||Upgrade 70 MHz to 200 MHz on 2-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
|SUP2-BW7T204||Upgrade 70 MHz to 200 MHz on 4-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
|SUP2-BW10T202||Upgrade 100 MHz to 200 MHz on 2-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
|SUP2-BW10T204||Upgrade 100 MHz to 200 MHz on 4-channel models of TBS2000B Series oscilloscopes|
TPP0200 200 MHz, 10x passive probe (one per analog channel) 200 MHz models TPP0100 100 MHz, 10x passive probe (one per analog channel) for 70 MHz and 100 MHz models
071-3635-xx Compliance and Safety Instructions 077-1149-xx Programmer manual, available inhttp://www.tek.com - Power cord - Calibration certificate documenting traceability to National Metrology Institute(s) and ISO9001 quality system registration
- Five-year warranty covering all parts and labor, excluding probes.
- Tektronix offers over 100 different probes to meet your application needs. For a comprehensive listing of available probes, please visit www.tektronix.com/probes.
- 2.5 kV, 500 MHz, 100X high-voltage passive probe
- 500 MHz TekVPI ® differential voltage probe with ±42 V differential input voltage
- ±1.5 kV 200 MHz high-voltage differential probe
- ±6 kV 100 MHz high-voltage differential probe
- 1.5 GHz TekVPI ® active voltage probe
- 50 MHz TekVPI ® 20 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 120 MHz TekVPI ® 30 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 20 MHz TekVPI ® 150 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 50 MHz BNC 20 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 100 MHz, 640 V High Voltage differential probe
100 MHz, 1.3 kV High Voltage differential probe
- 50 MHz, 5.6 kV High Voltage differential probe
Soft transit case for TBS2000B 2-channel instrument
Soft transit case, for TBS2000B 4-channel instrument
- TekVPI ® to TekProbe ® BNC adapter
- TekVPI ® Deskew pulse generator signal source
- Power measurement deskew and calibration fixture
- USB Wi-Fi 1 dongle for TBS2000B Series Oscilloscope only
- Rackmount kit for TBS2072B, TBS2102B, TBS2202B
- Rackmount kit for TBS2074B, TBS2104B, TBS2204B
1Certified to comply with CE, FCC and IC regulations. Available in Australia, Canada, China, EU Region, New Zealand, and United States. For other compatible Wi-Fi adapters, see Compatible USB-WIFI dongles under Input output ports specifications.
- USB Wi-Fi dongle for TBS2000B Series Oscilloscope only
Power plug options
- Opt. A0
- North America power plug (115 V, 60 Hz)
- Opt. A1
- Universal Euro power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A2
- United Kingdom power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A3
- Australia power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A4
- North America power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A5
- Switzerland power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A6
- Japan power plug (100 V, 50/60 Hz)
- Opt. A10
- China power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. A11
- India power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. A12
- Brazil power plug (60 Hz)
- Opt. A99
- No power cord
- Opt E1
- Universal EURO, United Kingdom and Switzerland
- Opt. L0
- English manual
- Opt. L1
- French manual
- Opt. L2
- Italian manual
- Opt. L3
- German manual
- Opt. L4
- Spanish manual
- Opt. L5
- Japanese manual
- Opt. L7
- Simplified Chinese manual
- Opt. L8
- Traditional Chinese manual
- Opt. L9
- Korean manual
- Opt. L10
- Russian manual
- Opt. L99
- No manual
Language options include translated front-panel overlay for the selected language(s).
- Opt. C3
- Calibration Service 3 years. Includes traceable calibration or functional verification applicable, for recommended calibrations. Coverage includes the initial calibration plus 2 years calibration coverage.
- Opt. C5
- Calibration Service 5 years. Includes traceable calibration or functional verification applicable, for recommended calibrations. Coverage includes the initial calibration plus 4 years calibration coverage.
- Opt. D1
- Calibration Data Report.
- Opt. D3
- Calibration Data Report 3 years (with Option C3).
- Opt. D5
- Calibration Data Report 5 years (with Option C5).
- Opt. T3
- Three Year Total Protection Plan, includes repair or replacement coverage from wear and tear, accidental damage, ESD or EOS plus preventative maintenance. Including a 5 day turnaround time and priority access to customer support.
- Opt. T5
- Five Year Total Protection Plan, includes repair or replacement coverage from wear and tear, accidental damage, ESD or EOS plus preventative maintenance. Including a 5 day turnaround time and priority access to customer support.
Probes and accessories are not covered by the oscilloscope warranty and Service Offerings. Refer to the datasheet of each probe and accessory model for its unique warranty and calibration terms.