Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST.
Will your packaging stand up to the rigorous distribution process?
Simulating the conditions of the distribution and storage environments allows you to be confident that your products arrive the hands of consumers in good condition. Package testing saves you time and money. By minimizing damage in the shipping process, you can reduce time spent with damage claims, cut the amount of lost product, and increase customer satisfaction. Tektronix labs are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and ISTA certified. Tektronix is a member of the Amazon Packaging Support and Supplier Network (APASS) and is certified by Amazon to provide ISTA 6-Amazon.com package testing for products being sold on Amazon's website. Tektronix is also compliant with a variety of industry-specific standards, including:
- IEC 68-2
Tektronix has the right experience and equipment to perform quality package testing services for:
ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC Testing
This test is for packaged products shipped by vendors to Amazon.com Fullfilment Centers and delivered to final customer destinations via Parcel or Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) outbound shipping methods. It challenges the capability of both the package and product to withstand transport hazards normally encountered during handling and transportation. Amazon.com Vendors with items intended to utilize SIOC should use this test to understand the protective performance of their packaging.
- Type A: Individually packaged products less than 50 lbs and less than 165" in girth.
- Type B: Individually packaged products from 50 lbs to 100 lbs and less than 165" in girth.
- Type C: Individually packaged products greater than 100 lbs and less than 165" in girth.
- Type D: LTL delivery of individually packaged products less than 100 lbs or girth greater than 165"
- Type E: LTL delivery of individually packaged products greater than 100 lbs or girth greater than 165"
- Type F: LTL delivery of individually packaged products using the Pallet Handling Method
- Type G: LTL delivery of individually packaged TV/Monitor less than 150 lbs and girth less than 165"
- Type H: LTL delivery of individually packaged TV/Monitor greater than 150 lbs or girth geater than 165"
Simulating the Process of Distribution
Package testing is the simulated process of distribution and storage of products that need to travel from the manufacturer to the end user. Packages can be described as an exterior container, cushioning or protection material and/or the product itself.
Package testing is relevant for clients who want to consistently deliver their products to market on-time and in compliance with industry regulations. It is the manufacturer's responsibility to evaluate each package's ability to protect the product inside throughout the handling, distribution and storage process.
Package fragility is a concern for most of our clients. Tektronix can simulate virtually every condition packages will undergo during warehouse or distribution processes. We have equipment to test shipping cartons, point-of-purchase (POP) displays and pallets.
The two most popular situations tested are shipping and storage:
- Shipping - Tektronix can simulate various vibrations, temperatures and unpressurized altitudes that products will encounter.
- Storage - Tektronix can simulate various conditions that happen during storage such as stacking, impact/shock and dropping.
Tektronix also tests to unique requirements or special environmental circumstances such as fungus, salt fog or UV/sunlight exposure.