KickStart Battery Simulator App FAQs
What benefits does the KickStart Software Battery Simulator App provide?
The new Battery Simulator App includes:
- Ability to generate, edit, and simulate custom battery models.
- Responsive user interface allows changes to the simulated state of charge in real time.
- Table and graph views to visualize data collection in real time.
- Ability to browse multiple battery models saved to repository on the local drive.
- Ability to import and export models to and from KickStart software.
- Dynamic and static battery models.
- Dynamic battery model updates values in real time.
- Visual representation of battery VOC, Vt, SOC, ESR, current, and capacity.
- Easy-to-use app with three modes of operation to reduce user error.
What instruments are supported in the KickStart Software Battery Simulator App?
The new app supports the Series 2281S Battery Simulator instrument and the Series 2380 DC Electronic Loads.
What kind of testing can be done with the KickStart Software Battery Simulator App?
a. The App allows a user to run a battery performance test to determine characteristics of a DC power source, generate a battery model and evaluate the performance under a varying load.
b. Additional use cases include battery life optimization, reliability testing and reproduceable and consistent simulation.
I currently have a KickStart Software Suite Apps Bundle license or an individual KickStart software app license. Do I need to purchase a separate license for the KickStart software Battery Simulator App?
Yes. The KickStart Battery Simulator App is a specialty app that requires a separate license to use this application. Both perpetual license KICKSTARTFL-BAT and subscription license KICKSTARTFL-BAT-AN options are available for the new Battery Simulator App. A maintenance license KICKSTARTFL-BAT-UP is also available for extending support of a perpetual license.
What license options are available for the KickStart Battery Simulator App?
Both perpetual license KICKSTARTFL-BAT and subscription license KICKSTARTFL-BAT-AN options are available for the new Battery Simulator App. A maintenance license KICKSTARTFL-BAT-UP is also available for extending support of a perpetual license.
If I currently do not have KickStart software, how can I download a trial?
A 30-day free trial of KickStart software including access to all the apps can be downloaded from the KickStart product pages here.
This FAQ Applies to:
Product Series: Keithley KickStart Software
FAQ ID 783031View all FAQs »