TBS2000 Series Datasheet
With a 9-inch WVGA display, 20 million point record length and 1 GS/s sample rate, TBS2000 Series Oscilloscopes capture and display significantly more signal to help you evaluate designs faster. Easily and confidently analyze your signals with new on-waveform cursor readouts and 32 automated measurements, each with informative tips to help you quickly choose the right one. The TekVPI® probe interface works with traditional BNC connections, but also enables wide application coverage with the latest active voltage probes and current probes.
Key performance specifications
- 2 and 4 analog channel models
- 100 and 70 MHz bandwidth models
- Up to 1 GS/s sampling rate
- 20 M record length on all channels
- 5 year warranty
- 9-inch WVGA color display
- 15 horizontal grids show 50% more signal
- TekVPI probe interface supports active, differential, and current probes with automatic scaling and units
- 32 automated measurements, and FFT function for thorough waveform analysis
- HelpEverywhere provides helpful on-screen tips
- Built-in Scope Intro handbook provides operating instructions and oscilloscope fundamentals
- 2-channel models are highly-portable at 2.62 kg (5.8 lbs)
- USB 2.0 host port on the front panel for quick and easy data storage
- Wi-Fi interface provides wireless communications capability 1 support
- USB 2.0 device port on rear panel for easy connection to a PC
- LXI compliant 10/100BASE-T Ethernet port for remote control over LAN
1A Wi-Fi adapter is available in some countries from Tektronix distributors as an accessory, model TEK-USB-WIFI. See Ordering Information for details.
- Courseware function presents lab exercise guidance on the display
- Fully compatible with TekSmartLab lab management software for education
Designed to make your work easier
The TBS2000 Series is designed for easy operation and quick hands-on learning. Dedicated controls provide quick access to important settings, so you can evaluate signals faster. Many oscilloscopes provide 8 vertical divisions and 10 horizontal divisions, but the TBS2000 gives you 10 vertical divisions and 15 horizontal divisions, so you can see more of your signal. The display also offers more room for measurement results and menu information.
Designed for outstanding waveform visualization and analysis
Long record length with pan and zoom
Record length is selectable, from 2000 samples up to 20 million samples for capturing long time periods. The exceptionally long record length will help you find signal anomalies and verify digital communications. To help navigate long acquisitions, the Zoom function lets you quickly pan through the record and zoom in to see signal details.
In Zoom mode, the upper display gives an overview of up to 20 M points. The detailed zoomed view is shown in the lower display.
The cursor readouts are presented on the waveform display. Cursors can be used to measure time, amplitude, or both.
Versatile triggering and acquisition modes
The trigger system is designed for troubleshooting today's mixed signal designs. Beyond a basic edge trigger, it also includes pulse width and runt triggering, which are especially useful for troubleshooting digital sections of your designs. Pulse width triggering is perfect for hunting narrow glitches or timeout conditions. You specify a voltage threshold and a width, and the oscilloscope triggers when the pulses are too narrow, too wide, or of a particular duration. Runt triggering is designed to capture signals that are shorter in amplitude than expected. It lets you specify two voltage thresholds and a width. If a pulse amplitude falls between the two thresholds, the oscilloscope will trigger.
The default acquisition mode is Sample Mode which works well for most applications. However the instrument also offers Peak Detect Mode which is useful for hunting spikes, and Average Mode which can help reduce noise on repetitive signals.
Automated measurements are easier than ever
A comprehensive set of automated measurements enable fast and convenient testing for a wide range of signals and applications.
Measurements are all listed and selected on a single screen.
A single measurement selection screen makes it easy to choose from 32 automated measurements without having to hunt through multiple menus. Choose from among your most frequently-used measurements which are tracked at the top of the page, or select from four categories: frequency, time, amplitude, and area. The HelpEverywhere system provides tips for each measurement, making it easier to know which measurement to use and to understand the results.
Measurements are transparent so waveforms are not obscured.
Measurements are color coded by the source, and are presented on a transparent background, so waveforms are not obscured by the readouts.
You can understand the frequency content of your signals with the FFT function by pressing the dedicated front-panel FFT button. Display only the FFT, or turn on the source waveform display to see both the spectrum and the time domain waveform. A transparent readout shows important settings without blocking the FFT display.
The time domain source waveform can be displayed above the FFT frequency spectrum.
Built-in tips for faster setup
HelpEverywhere is a unique feature on theTBS2000. It shows instant help information as you navigate through key menus. The tips include measurement information, application tips, and general guidance in the form of text and graphics. You can turn tips on and off from the HelpEverywhere menu.
HelpEverywhere tips explain important settings.
On-screen scope fundamentals
Scope Intro is a brief handbook embedded in the TBS2000. Pressing the front panel Function button gives you access to information on oscilloscope basic operations, as well as an overview of the TBS2000 and TekSmartLab Lab Management System for education.
Scope Intro covers basic oscilloscope and TBS2000 usage
First in its class with wireless communications
LXI embedded Web page for instrument control
LXI is an industry standard based on LAN connectivity for flexible, reliable, and efficient communication and control. TBS2000 supports LXI Core 2011. The TBS2000 LXI Web page can be accessed by simply typing the instrument IP address into any Web browser.
LXI control screen and waveform display enable remote control over Ethernet
TekVPI® Interface and active probe support
The TekVPI probe interface sets the standard for ease of use in probing. With this interface the TBS2000 Series supports a wide range of the latest voltage and current probes, providing coverage for many applications. These probes are powered by and communicate with the TBS2000 through the interface. Scale factors and status information, such as error conditions, are sent to the instrument for processing and display. This saves you from having to manually set scale factors, calculate offsets, or monitor for open jaw conditions or the need to degauss your current probes.
TekVPI probes communicate scale settings, ranges, and status to the TBS2000.
Innovative new education solutions
The TBS2000 offers distinctive new ways to enable educators to devote more time to teaching circuit concepts instead of lab setup and management.
The Courseware function allows students to see lab information on the instrument display.
The integrated Courseware function allows professors to load lab exercises on the instrument to give students guidance at each station, and provides a structured framework into which students can capture data to incorporate into their reports. Over 100 sample lab exercises are available for download from theTektronix Courseware Resource Center.
The TBS2000 can be easily integrated into the TekSmartLab System. Together they enable educators to preset a lab full of instruments with a few mouse-clicks, and allow lab instructors to track every student's progress from one central workstation.
Performance you can count on
Tektronix has industry-leading service and support, and every TBS2000 series oscilloscope is backed with a standard 5-year warranty.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise. All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
|Bandwidth||70 MHz||100 MHz||70 MHz||100 MHz|
|Sample rate||1 GS/s||1 GS/s||1 GS/s||1 GS/s|
|Record length||20 M points||20 M points||20 M points||20 M points|
Vertical system analog channels
- Hardware bandwidth limits
- 20 MHz
- Input coupling
- DC, AC, or GND
- Input impedance
1 MΩ ± 2 %, 11.5 pF ± 2.5 pF
- Input sensitivity range
- 2 mV/Div to 5 V/Div
- Vertical resolution
- Maximum input voltage, 1 MΩ
300 V RMS with peaks ≤ ±450 V
- Acquisition modes
- Acquire sampled values.
- Peak Detect
- Captures glitches as narrow as 3.5 ns at all sweep speeds.
- From 2 to 512 waveforms included in average.
- Averages multiple sample of one acquisition interval into one waveform point.
- Scrolls waveforms right to left across the screen at sweep speeds slower than or equal to 40 ms/div (400 ms/div at 20M record length).
- Math modes
- All units:
Ch 1 - Ch 2
Ch 2 - Ch 1
Ch 1 + Ch 2
Ch 1 X Ch 2
- 4 channel units:
Ch 3 - Ch 4
Ch 3 + Ch 4
Ch 4 - Ch 3
Ch 3 X Ch 4
- DC balance
± (1 mV +0.1 div)
- DC gain accuracy
± 3% 10 mV/div through 5 V/div-
± 4% typical 2 mV/div and 5 mV/div
- DC voltage measurement accuracy average mode
- Average of > 16 waveforms
- ±((DC Gain Accuracy) X |reading - (offset - position)| + Offset Accuracy + 0.11 div + 1 mV)
- Delta Volts between any two averages of ≥16 waveforms acquired with the same oscilloscope setup and ambient conditions
- ±(DC Gain Accuracy X |reading| + 0.08 div + 1.4 mV)
- Vertical position range
- ± 5 divisions
- Vertical offset ranges
Offset range, 1 MΩ
2 mV/div to 200 mV/div ± 0.8 V > 200 mV/div to 5 V/div ± 20 V
- Analog bandwidth, DC coupled
- 100 MHz models:
DC to ≥100 MHz for 2 mV/div through 5 V/div.
- 70 MHz models:
DC to ≥70 MHz for 2 mV/div through 5 V/div.
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR), typical
- 100:1 at 60 Hz, reducing to 10:1 with 50 MHz sine wave with equal Volts/div and coupling settings on each channel.
- Channel-to-channel isolation
TBS2072, TBS2074 TBS2102, TBS2104 ≥100:1 at ≤70 MHz ≥100:1 at ≤100 MHz
Horizontal system analog channels
- Maximum duration of time captured at highest sample rate (all channels)
- 40 ms
- Time base range
2 ns/div to 100 sec/div
- Time-base delay time range
- -15 divisions to 5000 s
- Deskew range
- ±100 ns
- Time base accuracy
- ±25 ppm over any ≥1 ms interval
- Trigger modes
- Auto, Normal, and Single
- Trigger holdoff range
- 20 ns to 8 s
- Trigger types
- Positive or negative slope on any channel. Coupling includes DC, HF reject, LF reject, and noise reject.
- Pulse width
- Trigger on width of positive or negative pulses that are >, <, =, or ≠ a specified period of time.
- Trigger on a pulse that crosses one threshold but fails to cross a second threshold before crossing the first again.
- Trigger coupling analog channels
- DC, Noise Reject, High Freq Reject, Low Freq Reject.
- Sensitivity, edge–type trigger, DC coupled
Trigger Source Sensitivity Analog inputs 0.4 division from DC to 50 MHz 0.6 divisions >50 MHz to 100 MHz
- Trigger level ranges
Input channels: ± 4.90 divisions from center screen
- Nonvolatile memory retention time, typical
- No time limit for Front Panel Settings, saved waveforms, setups, and calibration constants.
- Real-Time clock
- A programmable clock providing time in years, months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Time, amplitude and screen.
- Automated measurements
- 32, of which up to six can be displayed on-screen at any one time. Measurements include: Period, Frequency, Rise Time, Fall Time, Positive Duty Cycle, Negative Duty Cycle, Positive Pulse Width, Negative Pulse Width, Burst Width, Phase, Positive Overshoot, Negative Overshoot, Peak to Peak, Amplitude, High, Low, Max, Min, Mean, Cycle Mean, RMS, Cycle RMS, Positive Pulse Count, Negative Pulse Count, Rising Edge Count, Falling Edge Count, Area, Cycle Area, Delay FR, Delay FF, Delay FR, and Delay RR.
- Isolate the specific occurrence within an acquisition to take measurements on, using either the screen, between waveform cursors or full record length.
- Add, subtract, and multiply waveforms.
- Spectral magnitude. Set FFT Vertical Scale to Linear RMS or dBV RMS, and FFT Window to Rectangular, Hamming, Hanning, or Blackman-Harris.
Remote control software
- LXI web page
LXI Core 2011. Built-in web page enables remote control of horizontal and vertical scale, trigger settings, and measurements. Allows waveform and image save to USB flash drive.
- Display type
- 9 inch (228 mm) wide format liquid crystal TFT color display.
- Display resolution
- 800 horizontal by 480 vertical displayed pixels (WVGA).
- Waveform styles
- Vectors, Variable Persistence, and Infinite Persistence.
- Grid, None.
- YT and XY.
Input output ports
- USB 2.0 high-speed host port
- Supports USB mass storage devices, Wi-Fi dongle, One port available on rear panel and one on front panel.
- USB 2.0 high-speed device port
- Device port
- Rear-panel connector allows for communication/control of oscilloscope through USBTMC or GPIB with a TEK-USB-488.
- Compatible USB-WIFI dongles
TBS2xxx USBWIFI option
TP-LINK TL-WN823N, NETGEAR WNA1000M, WNA3100M
- LAN port (Ethernet)
- RJ-45 connector, supports 10/100BASE-T.
- Probe compensator
- 5 V
- 1 kHz
- Kensington-style lock
- Rear-panel security slot connects to standard Kensington-style lock.
- Power source voltage
- 100 to 240 VAC RMS ±10%
- Power source frequency
45 Hz to 65 Hz (90 to 264 V)
360 Hz to 440 Hz (100 to 132 V)
- Power consumption
- 80 W maximum
Height: 174.9 mm (6.89 in)
Width: 372.4 mm (14.66 in)
Depth: 103.3 mm (4.07 in)
Height: 201.5mm (7.93 in)
Width: 412.8 mm (16.25 in)
Depth: 128.1 mm (5.04 in)
2.62 kg (5.8 lbs.), standalone instrument.
5.1 kg (11.2 lbs.), when packaged for domestic shipment.
4.17 kg (9.2 lbs.), stand-alone instrument.
7 kg (15.4 lbs.), when packaged for domestic shipment.
- Cooling clearance
- 50 mm (2 in) required on left side and rear of instrument.
EMC, environment, and safety
0 °C to +50 °C (+32 ºF to 122 ºF)
- -40 °C to +71 °C (-40 ºF to 160 ºF)
High: +30 °C to +50 °C, 5% to 60% relative humidity
Low: 0 °C to +30 °C, 5% to 95% relative humidity
High: +30 °C to +55 °C, 5% to 60% relative humidity
Low: 0 °C to +30 °C 5% to 95% relative humidity
- Up to 3,000 meters (9,842 feet).
Up to 12,000 meters (39,370 feet).
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- EC Council Directive 2004/108/EC
- UL61010-1:2004; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010.1: 2004; EN61010-1:2001; complies with the Low Voltage Directive 2004/108/EC for Product Safety.
- 70 MHz, 1 GS/s, 20 M record length, 2-channel digital storage oscilloscope
- 100 MHz, 1 GS/s, 20 M record length, 2-channel digital storage oscilloscope
- 70 MHz, 1 GS/s, 20 M record length, 4-channel digital storage oscilloscope
- 100 MHz, 1 GS/s, 20 M record length, 4-channel digital storage oscilloscope
TPP0100 100 MHz, 10x passive probe (one per analog channel)
063-4568-xx Documentation CD 071-3445-xx Installation and safety manual 077-1149-xx Programmer manual, available on documentation CD and on Tek Web - Power cord - Calibration certificate documenting traceability to National Metrology Institute(s) and ISO9001 quality system registration
- Five-year warranty covering all parts and labor, excluding probes.
- Tektronix offers over 100 different probes to meet your application needs. For a comprehensive listing of available probes, please visit www.tektronix.com/probes.
- 2.5 kV, 500 MHz, 100X high-voltage passive probe
- 500 MHz TekVPI ® differential voltage probe with ±42 V differential input voltage
- ±1.5 kV 200 MHz high-voltage differential probe
- ±6 kV 100 MHz high-voltage differential probe
- 1.5 GHz TekVPI ® active voltage probe
- 50 MHz TekVPI ® 20 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 120 MHz TekVPI ® 30 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 20 MHz TekVPI ® 150 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 50 MHz BNC 20 Ampere AC/DC current probe
- 100 MHz, 640 V High Voltage differential probe
100 MHz, 1.3 kV High Voltage differential probe
- 50 MHz, 5.6 kV High Voltage differential probe
- TekVPI ® to TekProbe ® BNC adapter
Soft transit case, for TBS2072 and TBS2102
Soft transit case, for TBS2074 and TBS2104
- TekVPI ® Deskew pulse generator signal source
- Power measurement deskew and calibration fixture
- USB Wi-Fi 1 dongle for TBS2000 series only
- GPIB-to-USB adapter
1Certified to comply with CE, FCC and IC regulations. Available in Australia, Canada, China, EU Region, New Zealand, and United States. For other compatible Wi-Fi adapters, see Compatible USB-WIFI dongles under Input output ports specifications.
- TBS2XXX USBWIFI1
- USB Wi-Fi dongle for TBS2000 series only
- TBS2XXX P2221
- Replaces standard probes with P2221 probes (200 MHz passive voltage probes with 1x/10x attenuation)
- Opt. A0
- North America power plug (115 V, 60 Hz)
- Opt. A1
- Universal Euro power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A2
- United Kingdom power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A3
- Australia power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A4
- North America power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A5
- Switzerland power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A6
- Japan power plug (100 V, 50/60 Hz)
- Opt. A10
- China power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. A11
- India power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. A12
- Brazil power plug (60 Hz)
- Opt. A99
- No power cord
- Opt. L0
- English front panel overlay
- Opt. L1
- French front panel overlay
- Opt. L2
- Italian front panel overlay
- Opt. L3
- German front panel overlay
- Opt. L4
- Spanish front panel overlay
- Opt. L5
- Japanese front panel overlay
- Opt. L6
- Portuguese front panel overlay
- Opt. L7
- Simplified Chinese front panel overlay
- Opt. L8
- Traditional Chinese front panel overlay
- Opt. L9
- Korean front panel overlay
- Opt. L10
- Russian front panel overlay
- Opt. L99
- No manual
Language options include translated front-panel overlay only, manuals with different language are available on Tek web.
- Opt. D1
- Calibration Data Report