ACS Basic Edition Semiconductor Parametric Test Software for Component and Discrete Devices Datasheet
Optimized for parametric testing of component and discrete (packaged) semiconductor devices, ACS Basic Edition maximizes the productivity of technicians and engineers in research and development. The versatile architecture of this software allows it to meet the wide ranging and ever changing requirements of semiconductor device testing. It supports Keithley’s source and measure instrument products, including Series 2600B, Series 2400, and Series 2400 Touchscreen SourceMeter® Source Measure Unit (SMU) instruments, 2651A and 2657A SourceMeter SMU instruments, and 4200A-SCS SMUs and capacitance-voltage units (CVUs).
This powerful, yet cost effective solution includes Keithley’s rich set of proven parametric libraries. Simply choose the desired test and begin running it to immediately start gathering data and analyzing it. Users also have the option of customizing any test with the embedded script editor.
- Designed for packaged devices (MOSFETs, BJTs, IGBTs, diodes, resistors, etc.)
- Rich set of test libraries for fast and easy test setup and execution without programming
- Built-in data analysis tools for quick analysis of parametric data
- Supports Keithley’s Series 2600B, Series 2400, and Series 2400 Touchscreen SourceMeter® Source Measure Unit (SMU) instruments and 2651A and 2657A System SourceMeter SMU instruments
- Simplified instrument configuration using the automated hardware management tool
- Windows 11 and 10 compatible
The built-in data analysis tools allow users to quickly analyze the parametric data. For example, place device curves developed from newly collected data over "golden" curves for fast comparisons. To perform specialized calculations on raw data, use the mathematical formulator tool to create customized parameter calculations. Data can be easily saved in graphical and/or tabular formats.
ACS Basic offers three modes of operation:
- Single Test Mode - for single device, single test operations
- Multi Test Mode - for multiple test operations on a single device
- Trace Mode - for mapping out the operating range and characteristics of a semiconductor device while minimizing the risk of damage to it. This mode offers an interactive method of controlling the voltage level of a sweep with a slide bar or the arrow keys on the PC keyboard.
- Materials and device development
- Quality assurance
- Device inspection
For applications requiring wafer level testing, use ACS Integrated Test Systems or ACS Wafer Level Reliability Systems. These systems supply a wafer map, prober automation capabilities, and analysis options for yield monitoring as well as related statistical calculations for maximizing productivity in wafer level test environments.
Summary of Typical Tests
Device Leakage Breakdown Gain On-State Bipolar Junction Transistor IEBO, IECO, IEVEB, ICVCB BVCBO, BVCEI, BVCEO, BVCEV, BVEBO, BVECO HFE IBCO, IBEO, IBICVBE, IBVBE, ICBO, ICEV, ICVCE_BiasIB, ICVCE_BiasVB, ICVCE_StepIB, ICVCE_StepVB, VBCO, VCE MOSFET IDL, IDS_ISD, IGL, ISL BVDSS, BVDSV, BVGDO, BVGDS, BVGSO GM IDVD_BiasVG, IDVD_StepVG, IDVG_BiasVD, IDVG_StepVD, IDVG_StepVSUB, IGVG, VTCI, VTEXT, VTEXT_IISQ Diode IRDVRD VBRIRD NA DYNAMICZ, IFDVFD, VFDIFD, VRDIRD Resistor NA NA NA IV Capacitor IV NA
Formulator Function Summary
Type Math ABS, AVG, DELTA, DIFF, EXP, LN, LOG, LOG10, SQRT Parametric Extractions GMMAX, RES, RES_4WIRE, RES_AVG, SS, SSVTCI, TTF_DID_LGT,TTF_LGDID_T, TTF_DID_T, TTF_LGDID_LGT, VTCI, VTLINGM, VTSATGM Fitting EXPFIT, EXPFITA, EXPFITB, LINFIT, LINFITSLP, LINFITXINT, LINFITYINT, REGFIT, REGFITSLP, REGFITXINT, REGFITYINT, REGFIT_LGX_LGY, REGFIT_LGX_Y, REGFIT_X_LGY, TANFIT, TANFITSLP,TANFITXINT, TANFITYINT Manipulation AT, FINDD, FINDLIN, FINDU, FIRSTPOS, JOIN, LASTPOS, MAX, MAXPOS, MIN, MINPOX, POW, SMOOTH
ACS Basic Pre-installation Software Requirements
Minimum Configuration for a Computer
Operating System Windows 7 × 86 (32-bit), or Windows 7 × 64 (64-bit), Windows 10 × 86 (32 bit), or Windows 10 × 64 (64 bit) CPU 2 cores or higher, 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC) System Memory (RAM) 8 GB for 32-bit or 16 GB for 64-bit Hard Disk 16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS Graphics Card DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver Screen Display 1024 × 768, 32-bit True Color
Recommended Configuration for a Computer
Operating System Windows 10 × 86 (32 bit), or Windows 10 × 64 (64 bit) CPU 4 cores or higher, at least 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor System Memory (RAM) 8 GB for 32-bit or 16 GB for 64-bit Hard Disk 32 GB for 32-bit OS 64 GB for 64-bit Graphics Card DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver Screen Display 1280 × 1024, 32-bit True Color
2600-FIX-TRX Grounded Phoenix-to-Triax Cable Adapter 8101-4TRX Leaded Component Test Fixture ACS-COMP PC for Installed and Bench-top ACS Systems KUSB-488B IEEE-488.2 USB-to-GPIB Interface Adapter for USB Port
ACS Basic Edition
ACS-BASICFL ACS Basic Edition Instrument Control Software; Perpetual Floating License* ACS-BASICFL-UP Annual Maintenance License for extending support of Perpetual Floating License
* Perpetual Licenses: The software can be used indefinitely; license does not expire but updates/support only available for the first 12 months. Support can be extended by purchasing a maintenance license. If a perpetual license goes out of support, all features will be frozen to the last released version before the support expired. The software will continue to work, but you cannot get any updates newer than the support expiration date.
• Maintenance Licenses - Apply to perpetual licenses only. Maintenance license is an extension license that extends the period of support of an original perpetual license for 12 months.