This document helps customers with data security concerns to sanitize or remove memory devices from the AWGSYNC01.
- 手冊類型: 解除機密
- 零件編號: 077102600
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Manuals Download Agreement.
Manuals Download Agreement
ATTENTION: please read the following terms and conditions carefully before downloading any documents from this website. By downloading manuals from Tektronix' website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Manuals for Products That Are Currently Supported:
Tektronix hereby grants permission and license to owners of Tektronix instruments to download and reproduce the manuals on this website for their own internal or personal use. Manuals for currently supported products may not be reproduced for distribution to others unless specifically authorized in writing by Tektronix, Inc.
A Tektronix manual may have been revised to reflect changes made to the product during its manufacturing life. Thus, different versions of a manual may exist for any given product. Care should be taken to ensure that one obtains the proper manual version for a specific product serial number.
Manuals for Products That Are No Longer Supported:
Tektronix cannot provide manuals for measurement products that are no longer eligible for long term support. Tektronix hereby grants permission and license for others to reproduce and distribute copies of any Tektronix measurement product manual, including user manuals, operator's manuals, service manuals, and the like, that (a) have a Tektronix Part Number and (b) are for a measurement product that is no longer supported by Tektronix.
A Tektronix manual may be revised to reflect changes made to the product during its manufacturing life. Thus, different versions of a manual may exist for any given product. Care should be taken to ensure that one obtains the proper manual version for a specific product serial number.
This permission and license does not apply to any manual or other publication that is still available from Tektronix, or to any manual or other publication for a video production product or a color printer product.
Tektronix does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, schematics, parts lists, or other material contained within any measurement product manual or other publication that is not supplied by Tektronix or that is produced or distributed in accordance with the permission and license set forth above.
Tektronix may make changes to the content of this website or to its products at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability:
TEKTRONIX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR FOR INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ANY MEASUREMENT PRODUCT MANUAL OR OTHER PUBLICATION PRODUCED OR DISTRIBUTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PERMISSION AND LICENSE SET FORTH ABOVE.
This document helps customers with data security concerns to sanitize or remove memory devices from the Tektronix AWGSYNC01 HUB.
These products have data storage (memory) devices and data output devices. These instructions tell how to clear or sanitize the memory devices and disable the data output devices. The instructions also tell how to declassify an instrument that is not functioning.
The procedures in this document are written to meet the requirements specified in:
- NISPOM, DoD 5220.22–M, Chapter 8
- ISFO Process Manual for Certification & Accreditation of Classified Systems under NISPOM
The following Tektronix products are covered by this document:
Terms used in this document
- Clear. This removes data on media/memory before reusing it in a secured area. All reusable memory is cleared to deny access to previously stored information by standard means of access.
- Erase. This is equivalent to clear.
- Instrument Declassification. A term that refers to procedures that must be undertaken before an instrument can be removed from a secure environment. Declassification procedures include memory sanitization and memory removal, and sometimes both.
- Media storage/data export device. Any of several devices that can be used to store or export data from the instrument, such as a USB port.
- Nonvolatile memory. Data is retained when the instrument is powered off.
- Remove. This is a physical means to clear the data by removing the memory device from the instrument. Instructions are available in the product Service Manual.
- Sanitize. This eradicates the data from media/memory so that the data cannot be recovered by other means or technology. This is typically used when the device will be moved (temporarily or permanently) from a secured area to a non-secured area.
- Scrub.This is equivalent to sanitize.
- User Accessible. User is able to directly retrieve the memory device contents.
- User-modifiable. User can write to the memory device during normal instrument operation, using the instrument interface or remote control.
- Volatile memory. Data is lost when the instrument is powered off.
- User data. Describes the type of information stored in the device. Refers to waveforms or other measurement data representing signals connected to the instrument by users.
- User settings. Describes the type of information stored in the device. Refers to instrument settings that can be changed by the user.
- Both. Describes the type of information stored in the device. It means that both user data and user settings are stored in the device.
- None. Describes the type of information stored in the device. It means that neither user data nor user settings are stored in the device.
- Directly. Describes how data is modified. It means that the user can modify the data.
- Indirectly. Describes how data is modified. It means that the instrument system resources modify the data and that the user cannot modify the data.
The following information pertains to the nonvolatile memory device in the instrument. This product does not contain any volatile memory or data export devices. Detailed procedures to clear or sanitize this device, if any, are shown following the list.
512 MB flash
- Type and size: Flash 512 Mbits
- Function: Holds instrument calibration data, serial number, and FPGA image.
- Type of user information stored: None
- Method of modification: Indirect
- Data input method: Firmware operations
- Location: Trigger board
- User accessible: No
Data export devices
There are no media or export devices that require declassification or security procedures with this product.
Volatile memory devices
There are no volatile memory devices that require declassification or security procedures with this product.
Not applicable. This device does not contain user data or settings. Clearing would disable instrument functionality.
Process to sanitize
Not applicable. This device does not contain user data or settings. Sanitizing would disable instrument functionality.
Clear or sanitize a non-functional instrument
There are no procedures to clear or sanitize a non-functioning instrument. Please return your instrument to Tektronix repair.
Replacement of any missing hardware will be charged according to the rate at the time of replacement.
Help us improve our technical documentation. Provide feedback on our TekTalk documentation forum.