MSO Option SEC Read This First
Use this procedure to change the BIOS access administrator password from the default factory installed password to a custom password for your organization. Only applies to instruments with option 5-SEC installed.
이 매뉴얼은 다음에 적용됩니다.:
MSO56, MSO58, MSO58LP, MSO64, MSO44, MSO46, MSO54B, MSO56B, MSO58B, LPD64
- 매뉴얼 타입: 릴리스 노트
- 부품 번호: 071356902
- 릴리즈 날짜:
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Manuals Download Agreement.
Manuals Download Agreement
ATTENTION: please read the following terms and conditions carefully before downloading any documents from this website. By downloading manuals from Tektronix' website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Manuals for Products That Are Currently Supported:
Tektronix hereby grants permission and license to owners of Tektronix instruments to download and reproduce the manuals on this website for their own internal or personal use. Manuals for currently supported products may not be reproduced for distribution to others unless specifically authorized in writing by Tektronix, Inc.
A Tektronix manual may have been revised to reflect changes made to the product during its manufacturing life. Thus, different versions of a manual may exist for any given product. Care should be taken to ensure that one obtains the proper manual version for a specific product serial number.
Manuals for Products That Are No Longer Supported:
Tektronix cannot provide manuals for measurement products that are no longer eligible for long term support. Tektronix hereby grants permission and license for others to reproduce and distribute copies of any Tektronix measurement product manual, including user manuals, operator's manuals, service manuals, and the like, that (a) have a Tektronix Part Number and (b) are for a measurement product that is no longer supported by Tektronix.
A Tektronix manual may be revised to reflect changes made to the product during its manufacturing life. Thus, different versions of a manual may exist for any given product. Care should be taken to ensure that one obtains the proper manual version for a specific product serial number.
This permission and license does not apply to any manual or other publication that is still available from Tektronix, or to any manual or other publication for a video production product or a color printer product.
Tektronix does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, schematics, parts lists, or other material contained within any measurement product manual or other publication that is not supplied by Tektronix or that is produced or distributed in accordance with the permission and license set forth above.
Tektronix may make changes to the content of this website or to its products at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability:
TEKTRONIX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR FOR INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ANY MEASUREMENT PRODUCT MANUAL OR OTHER PUBLICATION PRODUCED OR DISTRIBUTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PERMISSION AND LICENSE SET FORTH ABOVE.
Change the default BIOS password for enhanced security
Instruments with the option installed have the BIOS administrator password set to Tektronix by default. Using a BIOS administrator password prevents unauthorized BIOS modification and booting from USB flash devices.
Before you begin
If you need to return the instrument to Tektronix for service, change the BIOS administrator password back to the factory default value Tektronix before sending the instrument to the Tektronix Service Center.
About this task
For enhanced security, change the default BIOS administrator password before using the instrument in your work area. Use the following procedure to change the default BIOS administrator password.
Note:This password is only used to access the BIOS settings utility. No password is required to power-on and use the instrument.
- Connect a keyboard to the instrument. If you are changing the password for an MSO58LP or LPD64, also install an external monitor.
- Power on the instrument.
- While the instrument is powering on, continuously tap the F11 function key until the Enter password field is shown.
- Enter Tektronix and press the Enter key. The instrument opens the Please select boot device menu.
- Use the down arrow key to select Enter Setup and press the Enter key. The instrument opens the Utility Setup menu.
- Use the right arrow key to select the Security tab.
- Use the arrow keys to select Administrator Password (should be selected by default) and press the Enter key. The instrument opens the Enter Current Password field.
- Enter Tektronix and press the Enter key. The instrument opens the Create New Password field.
- Enter a new password in accordance with your organization’s guidelines and using the following constraints.
- Valid characters are A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and !, @, #, $,%, ^, &, and *
- No spaces or periods
- The password must be between 3 to 20 characters long
- Press the Enter key. The instrument opens the Confirm New Password field.
- Reenter the new password and press the Enter key. The Confirm New Password field closes and returns you to the Setup Utility screen.
- Press function key F4 to save the BIOS settings and exit the Setup Utility screen. Select Yes and press the Enter key when requested to save configuration and exit.
- The instrument closes the Setup Utility screen and begins the normal power-on process.
This completes the procedure to replace the default BIOS access administrator password.
Help us improve our technical documentation. Provide feedback on our TekTalk documentation forum.