DisplayPort 2.1 Compliance and Debug Solution
Opt. DP20 Application Datasheet
- Máy hiện sóng lân quang số/tín hiệu hỗn hợp MSO/DPO70000DX
- Máy hiện sóng hiệu suất DPO70000SX ATI
- Explore more Phần mềm models
Tektronix provides the most comprehensive solution to serve the need of engineers designing DisplayPort silicon for computer systems and embedded systems, as well as for those who are validating the physical-layer compliance of DisplayPort devices as per the DisplayPort 2.1 Compliance Test Specification. Tektronix TekExpress DisplayPort 2.1 Compliance/debug solution help the customers to test their DP2.1 DUTs. The Tektronix Opt. DP20 application is compatible with Tektronix DPO/MSO 70000 DX/SX Series oscilloscopes that are designed to meet the challenges of the next generation of display standards such as HDMI and DisplayPort.
- Complete compliance testing of data rates UHBR10, UHBR13.5, and UHBR20 for DP2.1 Source devices (Enhanced DP, mDP, and Type-C connectors)
- Supports preset optimization feature to find out separate optimal presets for TP2 and TP3_EQ Test points for individual data rates
- Supports TX Preset Equalization Tests for all data rates
- Supports normative and informative measurements that are mentioned in DisplayPort 2.1 CTS
- Optimized algorithms to execute tests with improved accuracy
- Analyze multiple data rates and multiple presets at TP2 and TP3 EQ test points for multiple lanes on one go
- Supports DUT toggle automation using Unigraf UCD-323 device
- Support P7625 and P7633 differential probes
- Fixture De-embedding in differential and single-ended mode by creating a custom filter file using SDLA software to leverage the channel modelling and receiver equalization functionality
- Support DP2.1 Compliance test execution on Best Preset as well as all selected Preset
- Supports signal validation option to detect anomalies in the signal before analysis
- Supports offline analysis of the saved waveforms in Pre-recorded mode
- Provides a consolidated report for all tests in .mht, .pdf, and .csv formats.
TekExpress DisplayPort 2.1 supports 16 presets for UHBR data rates. It allows you to choose the optimal Preset and run the Signal Quality test on it. The DisplayPort 2.1 solution provides flexibility to select different Presets for different test points for available data rates. If optimal preset is not known then the DisplayPort solution allows you to select multiple Presets to find the optimal Preset among selected Preset and run the Signal Quality test on the optimal Preset.
The DisplayPort solution provide Signal Quality run on all Presets. It allows you to run a subset of Signal Quality measurements. By default DisplayPort cables (DP40 and DP80) are configured for testing but different cable models can be selected in Advanced mode.
DisplayPort 2.1 transmitter test overview
DisplayPort sources (transmitters) have state control requirements in order to transmit the data patterns and signal properties required to demonstrate conformance as per the compliance test specification. The following properties and patterns need to be transmitted for full measurement coverage:
- Bit rates: UHBR10, UHBR135, and UHBR20
- Data patterns: PRBS15, PRBS31, and SQ128
- Preset: 16 presets as defined
- Output levels: 800 mV
- SSC (spread spectrum): On/Off
Compliance to characterization support
Tektronix offers DisplayPort 2.0 DPOJET essentials package which comes bundled with TekExpress DisplayPort 2.1 Compliance and Debug solution that can be used to characterize a DUT and analyzing its finer behavior. It serves as an analysis tool when the DUT fails any portion of the compliance tests or you want to take a deeper look into the failures. All the compliance tests which are supported in the application and requires a single acquisition are supported in this package. You can build automation scripts around these measurements to setup a custom test environment. The DisplayPort 2.0 DPOJET solution also supports all measurement for lower data rates e.g., RBR, HBR, HBR2, and HBR3.
You can enable this package by running DisplayPort 2.0 from the Oscilloscope → Analyze menu. The DisplayPort 2.0 DPOJET measurement library helps in characterizing the silicon. Other advantage of this library is the ability to debug the measurement in case of failures. If any of the tests fail during compliance testing, you can tap into the DPOJET DisplayPort measurement library for a deeper dive into the failures such as eye diagram mask hit failures and look at relation between pre-emphasis level vs voltage swing tests to perform root cause analysis. The solution also gives users the flexibility to configure measurements with different settings, make configuration changes in existing measurements on the fly, and run tests in single-shot or free-run repetitive modes.
DisplayPort 2.0 DPOJET solution comes with setup files. All measurements corresponding to a data rate and a particular pattern are clubbed in a single setup file. Setup files for lower data rates e.g. RBR, HBR, HBR2, and HBR3 are also included. Setup file helps to avoid any manual mistakes while configuring a measurement. This ensures that a non-expert user can also use the debug solution and validate the results.
SDLA enables the user to probe and visualize data at the required location (de-embed / embed) using virtual probing through test points. It can remove (de-embed) the effects of the cables, probes, and fixtures to get more accurate measurement results. It can embed user defined channel models to simulate the signal at the end of the link. It can also be used to open a closed eye using receiver equalization, Continuous Time Linear Equalizer (CTLE), Decision Feedback ( DFE), or Feed Forward Equalization (FFE). SDLA also has advanced analysis and modeling capabilities. One can view and measure multiple test points using DPOJET Jitter and Eye analysis comprehensive frequency and time domain plots, enable quick verification of S-parameters and test point transfer functions.
For DisplayPort 2.1, SDLA has been enhanced to provide the flexibility of choosing the optimal CTLE. To calculate optimal CTLE based on Eye Area, SDLA selects the appropriate DisplayPort standard from the CTLE dropdown menu and runs the configuration from 0 dB to -9 dB. Optimal CTLE waveforms gets loaded on the oscilloscope and can be configured.
List of supported measurements
Measurement UHBR10 UHBR135 UHBR20 TP2 TP3_EQ TP2 TP3_EQ TP2 TP3_EQ Preset Optimization Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Eye Height Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Eye Width Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Total Jitter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Random Jitter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Uncorrelated Deterministic Jitter (UDJ) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Low Frequency UDJ (LFUDJ) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Data Dependent Jitter (DDJ) Yes No Yes No Yes No Uncorrelated Jitter (UJ) Yes No Yes No Yes No SSC Phase Deviation Yes No Yes No Yes No SSC Down Spread Rate Yes No Yes No Yes No SSC Down Spread Range Yes No Yes No Yes No SSC Slew Rate Yes No Yes No Yes No Unit Interval Yes No Yes No Yes No Bit Rate Yes No Yes No Yes No Electrical Idle Yes No Yes No Yes No AC Common mode Yes No Yes No Yes No Transmitter Equalization Yes No Yes No Yes No
- Physical characteristics
Configuration Description Oscilloscope
- DPO/MSO 70000 DX/SX or above
- Oscilloscopes with Opt. DJA, 5XL, and SDLA64
- Bandwidth ≥16 GHz recommended for UHBR10
- Bandwidth ≥21 GHz recommended for UHBR13.5 and UHBR20
- Trimode probe P7625, P7633 with P76CA-292C probe tip
- Direct SMA
|DPOFL-DP20||License; TekExpress DisplayPort 2.1 Tx Compliance/Debug Solution (Requires Opt. CIO, DJA, SDLA); Floating|
|DPOFT-DP20||License; TekExpress DisplayPort 2.1 Tx Compliance/Debug Solution (Requires Opt. CIO, DJA, SDLA); Floating Trial|
|DPO-UP DP20||TekExpress DP21 Compliance and DPOJET: DP20 TX Plugin Solution (Requires Opt. CIO, DJA, and SDLA64)|
|DPO/MSO70000SX/DX Opt. DP20||TekExpress DP21 Compliance and DPOJET: DP20 TX Plugin Solution (Requires Opt. CIO, DJA, and SDLA64)|
Oscilloscope and software prerequisite
- Operating system
- DPO/MSO 70000 SX/DX with Microsoft Windows 10 OS
|PMCABLE1M Phase Matched SMA cable set||Tektronix||Min 1- Max 4|
|P7625 or P7633 Probes [Optional]||Tektronix||4|
|P76CA-292 or P76CA-292C or P76CA-SMP or P76TA [Optional]||Tektronix||4|