Chat en direct avec un représentant Tek. Service disponible de 9 h à 17 h, CET jours ouvrables.
Disponible de 9 h à 17 h CET jours ouvrables.
Active Power Rail Probes
TPR1000 • TPR4000 Datasheet
Lire en ligne :
The TPR1000 and TPR4000 probes provide a low noise, large offset range solution for measurement of ripple on DC power rails ranging from –60 to +60 VDC. Tektronix’s power rail probes offer industry leading low noise and high offset range required to measure AC ripple between 200 μVp-p and 800 mVp-p at up to 4 GHz.
Key performance specifications
- Compatible with the 6 series MSO, 5 series MSO, 4 Series MSO, 3 Series MDO, MDO3000 1, MDO4000C1, MSO/DPO5000B, DPO7000C, and DPO70000C/DX/SX 2 oscilloscopes
- DC coupling mode:
- TPR1000: DC to 1 GHz
- TPR4000: DC to 4 GHz
- DC reject mode:
- TPR1000: 10 kHz to 1 GHz
- TPR4000: 10 kHz to 4 GHz
- DC coupling mode:
- Linear dynamic range: Up to 60 V DC, 1 Vp-p to bandwidth 5
- Attenuation: 1.25x3
- Measurement accuracy:
- DC linearity: <0.1%
- Step response long-term aberrations: ±1%
- <300 μVp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (20 MHz BW Limit)
- <1 mVp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (Full Bandwidth)
- Input impedance:
- 50 kΩ DC to 10 kHz
- 50 Ω AC > 100 kHz
- Temperature range at tip:
- –40 to +125 °C (standard accessories)
- –40 to +155 °C (high temperature cable option)
- ±60 V offset range
- Offset setting error: ±2 mV max, ±0.4 μV typical
- Probing chipsets for power rail voltage supply and control in automotive, industrial and consumer markets
- Probing digital power management, memory and Ethernet connectivity
- Probing noise sources on high-frequency power rails
Why use a power-rail probe?
The added functionality, higher density, and faster switching speeds of modern electronic products drive the need for lower supply voltages. Designers need to zoom-in on power rails to look for high-frequency intruder signals, measure ripple and analyze coupling effects with tighter tolerances. Oscilloscopes often don't have enough offset to shift the noise and ripple on DC rails to the center of the screen to make the needed measurements.
The TPR1000 and TPR4000 probes provide a low-noise measurement solution (oscilloscope and probe), which is critical to not confuse the noise of the oscilloscope and probe with the noise and ripple of the DC supply being measured. The higher input impedance in the probes minimize the oscilloscope loading effect on DC rails (50 kΩ at DC). The probes provide higher bandwidth to see more signal content (harmonics, faster ripples, etc.) on DC rails that could affect data signals, clocks, etc.
The TPR1000 and TPR4000 provide a best-in-class integrity solution for power integrity and validation engineers in the high speed (μP), low power (mobile) and switched-mode power supply markets. The probes are designed to offer the lowest noise with high bandwidth at 60 V offset, flexible connectivity options to cover customers challenges, and software packages to cover the digital power management market.
Connectivity using probe accessories
The available probe accessories provide solutions for reliable and repeatable power rail measurements.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise. All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
- TPR1000: 1 GHz
TPR4000: 4 GHz
- Offset voltage range
- ±60 V
- Dynamic range
- ±1 V
- Input resistance
- 50 kΩ DC
50 Ω AC
- Input coupling
- DC, LF reject
- 1 mV
- System noise
- <300 μVP-P (with 20 MHz bandwidth limit)
<1.3 mVP-P (at full bandwidth of oscilloscope)7
- 1.25x 8
- Connectivity and accessories
- New browser, solder-in and snap-on
- 1 GHz, Single-Ended TekVPI® Power-Rail Probe; includes one TPR4KIT accessory kit
- 4 GHz, Single-Ended TekVPI® Power-Rail Probe; includes one TPR4KIT accessory kit
Accessory kits provide flexible and modular connectivity options. Each of the kits are orderable separately.
(1 GHz browser)
1.3 m cable, SMA male-to-MMCX male, 50 Ω
1.3 m cable, SMA male-to-SMA male, 50 Ω
Y-lead adapter, MMCX female-to-0.8 mm sockets
Adapter cable, MMCX female-to-U.FL female, 50 Ω
Adapter, MMCX female-to-square pin (0.062 centers)
DUT interface solder pins, set of 20
Soldering aide tool, 0.062 solder pins over SMT
Probe tip tripod support (with living hinge)
Marker bands, set of 5 (for probe identification)
Wire card, solderable enameled self-fluxing copper wire (for use with the solder-in tips)
Solder-in cable adapter, MMCX female-to-solder micro-coax tip, 50 Ω, set of 3
Solder-in cable adapter, MMCX female-to-solder flex-paddle tip, 50 Ω, set of 3
2 m high-temperature cable, SMA male-to-MMCX male, 50 Ω
1 GHz browser
Ground leads (blade, 0.5 mm spring, 15 cm alligator)
Y-lead adapter, browser tip-to-0.8 mm sockets
Replacement 0.5 mm browser tips (2 solid tips, 2 spring tips)