Свяжитесь с нами
MPEG Portable Analyzer
Features & Benefits
- Supports MPEG-2/DVB/ATSC Transport Streams Which Enables Testing to be Performed Anywhere in the World
- Real Time Monitoring of Key Parameters gives an immediate indication of major problems
- Detailed Off Line Transport Stream Analysis Enables Full In-depth Analysis of the Transport Stream
- Transport Stream Capture and Triggered Recording Provides the Capability to Send Streams Back to Base
- ASI, SMPTE 310M, DVB Parallel Interfaces for Connection Anywhere in an MPEG-2 Network
- Small, Light and Portable
- Low Power Consumption
- Installation and Commissioning of DVB/ATSC or any MPEG-2 Transmission Chain
- Testing and Debug of MPEG-2 Broadcast Equipment
The AD954 is a small, portable unit with enough power to debug MPEG-2 systems in the field. It interfaces with the Engineer's laptop computer running AD954 software to create a cost effective and simple analysis tool for use on the move.
The AD954 is designed for engineers who work in the field on compression equipment installation and service. For them it provides instant real-time analysis and recording as well as off-line analysis at the transport stream level. The AD954 works with the engineer's own laptop on which status information is provided by clear graphical displays.
The result is simple, in-the-field diagnosis and quality assurance.
Real Time Monitoring
The AD954 performs real time monitoring of MPEG-2, DVB and ATSC transport streams. This gives "live" stream compliance status and highlights errant stream behavior.
- AD954 provides real time monitoring of all the DVB defined first priority measurements*1. It also gives status of the transport error indicator and detects unreferenced PIDs
- A real time view of the SI tables is provided
- In addition to the basic transport stream tests a real time view of the PSIP table is provided
PID Bit Rate Testing
- User selected PIDs may be tested to check whether their bit rate remains constant for a period of greater than 1 second. The multiplex occupancy is tested against user definable limits on either a per PID or per program basis. Installation engineers can thereby confirm that statistical multiplexers are functioning correctly
- AD954 can record up to 15 seconds of data at bit rates of 90 Mb/s
- Recording is initiated direct from the user interface
- Captured files can be examined in the field using Stream Analyzer software or sent back to research and development engineers for further analysis
- Recording can be triggered by a change in state of any one of the measurements made by the AD954, as defined by the user
- The trigger point can be defined to be any point in the recorded file
- Trigger settings can be maintained between sessions
Both conditional tests (i.e. TR101 290) and syntax errors can be logged in real time. With both time and date for each event, the error log files help you assess weak points in a system by providing an accurate picture of events when you leave the unit to monitor for a period of time.
Off Line Analysis
AD954 is supplied with Stream Analyzer software, providing:
Packet Display and Analysis
- Transport stream packet header interpretation
- Adaptation field information for individual packets
- Hexadecimal representation of transport stream packet header and payload information
- Location of a transport stream packet to match a particular condition in the packet header
Timing and Statistical Displays
- Statistical display of the components of the transport stream and their data rates on a program oriented basis
- Calculation and graphical display of the instantaneous and mean bit rate for each PID and for the entire transport stream from PCR time stamp values
- Calculation and graphical display of PCR information:
- Repetition interval between successive PCRs on a PID by PID basis
- Inaccuracy of each PCR on a PID by PID basis
- Display of MPEG-2 tables, DVB tables, Enhanced DVB SI and ATSC PSIP tables
*1 Ref: European Telecommunications Standards Institute, TR 101 290: Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Measurement Guidelines for DVB systems.
Network Interfaces - AD954 is compatible with a Pentium class laptop or higher running either Windows 95/98/2000 or Windows NT operating systems.
Connection is via a parallel port interface (ECP). To ensure optimum performance of real time monitoring we recommend that a PC with a performance equivalent to a Pentium 300 MHz unit running Windows 95/98/2000 with 64 MB RAM or running Windows NT with 128 MB RAM is used with AD954.
Transport Stream Interfaces - DVB parallel.
Storage Capacity - 192 MB.
Max Data Rate - 90 Mb/s.
Min Data Rate - 250 kb/s*1.
*1 Minimum data rate on ASI input with singly byte mode stream.
Voltage - 6 to 12 V DC.
Power - <1amp at 6 V DC.
Operating Temperature - 5°C to 40°C.
MPEG-2 Real Time Measurements
*2 Error No. derived from references in TR 101 290.
DVB Real Time Analysis
- SI Table checks*3
- MPEG-2 measurements as defined above
- PID bit rate measurement
ATSC Real Time Analysis
- PSIP Table checks*3
- Program Paradigm Error
- MPEG-2 Measurements as defined above
- PID bit rate measurement
*3 The display of the complete SI/PSIP information in real time is dependent on the volume of SI in the stream being monitored, the performance of the PC and the performance of the parallel link.
Weight (system unit)
MPEG Portable Analyzer
AD954 Application software.
External power supply.
The following cost options are available:
Opt. FCG - Flight Case.
Opt. LAP - Laptop for use with AD954.
Opt. SA - TS analyzer for use with files of any size.
Opt. R5 - Repair Service 5 Years