Using MATLAB with Tektronix Instruments
MATLAB is an interactive software environment and technical computing language that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional software environments, such as C, C++, and Fortran because it includes libraries for performing common engineering tasks like signal filtering, instrument control, modulating signals, waveform creation, and signal processing. Below are just a few examples that show how MATLAB software can be used with Tektronix instruments to solve your design, verification, and testing challenges:
- Analyze and visualize oscilloscope signals to acquire and analyze data, graphically visualize data, make custom measurements, generate reports, and develop automated applications.
- Custom data analysis is made easier with the integrated MATH operation functions in the MSO/DPO5000, DPO7000 and MSO/DPO700000 Series of oscilloscopes. This capability enables custom MATLAB analysis and visualization functions directly into the oscilloscope measurement system.
- Generate unique waveforms or patterns which are ideal for high-speed characterization using the AWG5000, AWG7000 and AWG70000 Series of arbitrary waveform generators.
- Create analysis and visualization applications using the RSA6000 Series spectrum analyzers. MATLAB software enables users to acquire live IQ data, analyze signals to verify original design specifications and detect signal abnormalities with 3-D visualization applications.
Download Trial Software
Request a free trial of MATLAB software for your Tektronix instrument!
A detailed list of MATLAB instrument drivers for Tektronix instruments is available below.
- Instrument Drivers – Search for Tektronix instrument drivers for use with MATLAB software
- Application example - Acquiring IQ Data from Tektronix RSA 6000 Spectrum Analyzer
- Application example – Generating Arbitrary Waveforms with Tektronix AWG5000 and AWG7000 Series
- Application example – MATLAB Application to Acquire and Analyze Data with a Tektronix Oscilloscope
- Additional Resources – A detailed list of MATLAB examples for Tektronix instruments is available on MATLAB Central.
- Additional Resources – Visit the Tektronix software resource web page on MathWorks.com for videos and examples of using MATLAB with Tektronix oscilloscopes.
|Overview of the Custom Analysis Interface for use with MATLAB|
Learn the software requirements, features and applications used for custom analysis with MATLAB.
|Demo Guide for using MATLAB with MSO/DPO4000 and MSO/DPO3000 Series Oscilloscopes |
Acquire, analyze data, and graphically visualize data with your Tektronix oscilloscope and MATLAB.
|Using MATLAB® with Tektronix Instruments|
This data sheet explains how to extend your measurement analysis by using MATLAB with Instrument Control Toolbox to communicate with Tektronix oscilloscopes, signal generators, or spectrum analyzers.
|Exploring the Custom Analysis Interface for use with MATLAB on Tektronix Oscilloscopes |
Discover how to enable live custom analysis with full integration of MATLAB procedures into the Tektronix oscilloscope.
|Introduction to MATLAB: Lab|
This lab covers how to use MATLAB to load experimental data, plot the data, plot exact functions such as sinusoids.
|Introduction to MATLAB: Worksheet|
This worksheet covers how to use MATLAB to load experimental data, plot the data, plot exact functions such as sinusoids.