Will any of the existing licenses work in the new ACS Basic v3.0, ACS Standard v6.0 or the Wafer Level Reliability editions
- I see that the legacy ACS licenses (ACS-Basic, ACS. and ACS-2600-RTM) are going away.Will any of the existing licenses work in the new ACS Basic v3.0, ACS Standard v6.0 or the Wafer Level Reliability editions.
- Customers will need to transition to the new respective ACS license (ACS-BASICFL, ACS-STANDARDFL or ACS-WLRFL) using the sales program outlined in this MSR.This program is in effect through August 17, 2022.
- If a customer does not transition to the new respective perpetual license, then the ACS software will be frozen at the current version they have.The software will continue to work, but they cannot get any updates.
- What is a maintenance license? Why do I need it?
- Tektronix/Keithley is moving to a business model where free software updates are no longer available. Users will need to purchase maintenance licenses to utilize ACS software updates.
- Only required by perpetual license owners. First year of maintenance is included in the price of a perpetual license.
- To continue to get software updates, perpetual license owners will need to purchase a maintenance license each year.
- In TekAMS, perpetual license owners will now see that licenses have a maintenance or support expiration date. Any ACS software updates that occur after this date will not recognize their license as valid.
- When will my customer need to purchase a maintenance license?
- A customer will need to purchase a maintenance license every 12 months to access the latest enhancements and bug fixes in ACS Basic, ACS Standard and ACS Wafer Level Reliability releases
- What if my customer doesn’t want to purchase a maintenance license? Can he still use ACS?
- Yes, however, they will not be able to use software versions released after their first year from purchasing the perpetual license.
- How can I demo the software?
- New demo licenses have been created for both Tek employees (ACS-DEMOFL) and Partners and Distributors (DDUFT-ACS).Both demo licenses are 1-year floating licenses and will allow the use of any edition of ACS software.These licenses are available from your local Demo Pool Team.
Cette FAQ concerne :
Série du produit : Logiciel de caractérisation Keithley ACS (Automated Characterization Suite)
Numéro de la FAQ 783012Afficher toutes les FAQ »