Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST.
Call us at 1-800-833-9200
Available 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST) Business Days
Compliance and Characterization Solution
IEEE 802.3bm (SR4/TDEC) Compliance and Characterization Solution
The new Tektronix Sampling Instrument based 100G-SR4/Transmitter and Dispersion Eye Closure (TDEC) automation system provides turnkey testing and debug of TX Optical properties key to the SR4 Short Reach Ethernet specifications. Automation options help customers meet their compliance needs and generate detailed reports. User-defined mode lets customers make changes to the test limits and perform margin testing beyond compliance. The combination of TDEC and SR4 automation in conjunction with Tektronix 80C15/CRTP broad wavelength high sensitivity optical sampling module offer the most accurate and easiest to use, set of tools to perform these measurements.
- 80STDEC offers streamlined high performance Transmitter and Dispersion Eye Closure (TDEC) on a variety of Tektronix optical acquisition modules. Ideal for manufacturing settings and minimal conformance validation applications.
- 80SSR4 is a comprehensive set of 100GBASE-SR4 (IEEE 802.3bm) optical transmitter characterization measurements, including TDEC. It’s designed to offer a checklist of all relevant tests to verify conformance to the SR4 optical specification.
- Measurements of 100GBASE-SR4 and similar
- TDEC measurement of SR4
- Custom Multi-mode and Single-mode optical signals
IEEE 802.3bm/ 100GBASE-SR4 Optical Transmitter measurements fully automated
|Test Point||Supported measurements||Specification reference|
|TP2||Sampling Rate||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.6|
|Average Launch Power||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.8.3|
|Optical Modulation Amplitude||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.8.4|
|Launch Power in OMA minus TDEC||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.6|
|Transmitter and Dispersion Eye Closure (TDEC)||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.8.5|
|Average Launch Power of Off Transmitter||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.6|
|Extinction Ratio||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.8.6|
|Transmitter Eye Mask||IEEE 802.3bm, Table 95.8.7|
Simplified Instrument setup
Setup and test execution is simple with the 100GBASE-SR4/TDEC software. The oscilloscope acquisition and analysis are all controlled through the 100GBASE-SR4/TDEC automation solution. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides an intuitive and easily repeatable workflow for setup and testing.
TekExpress ® 100GBASE-SR4 measurement setup
Design characterization is supported beyond 100GBASE-SR4 compliance requirements for all measurements. TekExpress 80SSR4 offers flexible control over test configurations such as analysis windows and other parameters. User defined mode lets customers make changes to the test limits, and perform marginal testing beyond compliance. Optical modules 80C15, 80C10C, 80C14 can be used; refer to the modules' Filter and Bandwidth list for appropriate bandwidth.
User Defined mode
Under user-defined mode, users can configure Global parameters, test specific parameters, measurement repeat parameters, and notification parameters. This supports characterization measurements rather than developing custom lab setups, reducing testing time and complexity.
Tektronix 80C15 Connection Diagram
- 100GBASE-SR4 Comprehensive Transmitter compliance testing (Includes TDEC)
- Transmitter and Dispersion Eye Closure (TDEC)
- Sampling oscilloscope module
- Tektronix 80C15 CRTP (Clock Recovery Pickoff)