VISACMD.EXE is a command-line utility that will read/write instrument commands to/from stdout (the console) and then exit. This allows command-line scripting (batch files) handle things like event processing, looping, waits, and file IO. It offers very similar functionality to the OpenChoice Talker-Listener application included with the TekVISA software package but it has the following key differences:
- Visacmd can write to a file, talker-listener cannot
- Visacmd can loop a specified count (via console scripting), talker-listener cannot
- Visacmd can wait a specified duration (via console scripting), talker-listener cannot
- Visacmd can read/write raw binary data, talker-listener cannot
- Visacmd has no GUI, talker-listener does
- Visacmd does not install, talker-listener does
- Visacmd has a configurable buffer, talker-listener does not
- Visacmd has a configurable timeout, talker-listener timeout is fixed at 10 seconds (bug?)
- Visacmd is ~28,672 bytes, talker-listener is ~2,299,248 bytes
VISACMD.EXE requires a VISA to facilitate instrument communication.
A PDF reader is required for viewing the included documentation.
VISACMD.EXE was developed and functions under 32-bit Windows XP Professional w/ SP3. It should work for any Windows versions that can execute 32-bit applications but it is completely untested and compatibility cannot be guaranteed.
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Software Download Agreement.
This software applies to: AWG2005